1 ... 9 10 11 12
The0retical
The0retical Dork
9/30/16 4:39 p.m.

That is the most amazing thing I've seen on the internet in a good long while.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
9/30/16 5:01 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote:

AWESOME

You Dorks pulled it off in stunning style ! Bravo!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/30/16 5:53 p.m.

I love the rear canards!!

oilstain
oilstain New Reader
9/30/16 7:20 p.m.

Any drag runs yet?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/16 8:00 p.m.

In reply to oilstain:

I think I saw a run on FB earlier that was in the 14s. I'm not 100% sure it was this car though.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
9/30/16 8:04 p.m.

Wish I was there.

oilstain
oilstain New Reader
9/30/16 8:18 p.m.

14s aren't bad considering how difficult it must be to get traction!

I think this is a great example how sometimes removing, rather than adding, things makes whats left so much better.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/16 8:53 p.m.

Was it meant to be reminiscent of an A-10 Warthog? Because it reminds me of one

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/30/16 9:28 p.m.

13.9 at 105. The nitrous bottle only had enough for 1 and a half runs. Traction was a problem all day. I guess cutting a significant portion of the rear of a car off is detrimental to weight distribution.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/30/16 9:29 p.m.

The rest of the theme will be revealed tommorow.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/30/16 9:34 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: The rest of the theme will be revealed tommorow.

Awesome so far!!!!! And yet there's MORE?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/30/16 9:40 p.m.

And i will be there. In person. Swmbo says so.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/30/16 9:45 p.m.

You did good, dude.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/30/16 9:50 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

So did you guys. Thanks for putting on an awesome event and putting up with our terrible ideas.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/16 10:28 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to oilstain: I think I saw a run on FB earlier that was in the 14s. I'm not 100% sure it was this car though.

Only at the Challenge could you day that about a bodyless car! Crazy!

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/1/16 3:55 p.m.

From start to finish, it's always amazing to see what a group of people can accomplish in such a short period of time. The challenge also shows how willing fellow competitors are to lend a helping hand.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/2/16 7:59 a.m.

We had a great weekend, GRM put on an awsome show as always.

The car came out better then i imagined it would. Things went pretty smoothly and other then a few minor glitches everything was executed well.

I want to thank everyone who jumped in a worked so hard to make this thing happen. Thank you to the usual crew , Tod and Ted, Derick, John, and Andy. Also thanks go out to the new crew members Dave, Mark and Chris. A special thanks is in order for Andrew Nelson, the cage would not have gotten in the car as easily with out his expert tutelage. Watching him work blew my mind.

Its great that a group of people can get together once a year and pull something like this off. It really shows that with hard work, a plan and talented people, you can do anything.

We ended up 3rd in the concourse, and 5th overall. Most importantly we took home the coveted editors choice award! Thank you GRM!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/2/16 3:14 p.m.

That's rad. Wonder if this will be inspiration for someone else's parkin lot build? Can you imagine multiple teams assembling cars days before the Challenge in hotel parking lots?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/2/16 3:35 p.m.

I wish we'd have had more than one bottle hit.

It was fun but i think this is my first/last assist with a parking lot build, i got in some hot water with carli for leaving her with the kids while i built the nitrous system

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/2/16 3:51 p.m.

Sorry to hear we got you in trouble. Your help was indispensable.

I will probably take a break from leading a parking lot build as well. I may pitch in if someone wants to pick up the torch, but this one will be hard to top.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/2/16 5:11 p.m.

As someone who does project management for a living, kudos to the talent who manged this build. I can tell that a lot was prepared before the first cut. This thing did not turn out this awesome by luck.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/2/16 7:08 p.m.

I know we said this might be our last parking lot build... Obviously I shouldn't be left alone for 15 hours on the ride home.

Two scenarios that would get me interested in it again.
1. Parking lot build off, find two very similar cars and form two teams to see who can make the better car.
2. Motortrend/Roadkill vs GRM build off in the parking lot. I'd even let them cheat on budget if they were willing.

I'll start my build thread for next year awhile to highlight all of my other crazy ideas and scenarios.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/2/16 7:24 p.m.

Good points, i will have to think about it some..

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/2/16 7:28 p.m.

I like 2 better but I love both enough I'd join in.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/3/16 5:45 a.m.

If you are not making the connection, here was the inspiration...

More sample pics

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_GIJoe25th_VEH-AWE.asp

1 ... 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VlbSStOzQByM6ctVIGh8bUJeIN4wdGhJJBPgpPsQhrnkn4yp8m0vKENp6NwNhICh