1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
3/24/16 12:12 p.m.

The Ghettocet is moving out of the hood and into the trailer park. If I am 'going for the gusto" it might as well be fast right.

LT1 + T56 = faster then a Miata. Add some nitrous and a roll cage, remove said body panels per the original plan, much hilarity should ensue.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/24/16 12:14 p.m.

then use drivetrain for s10 next year

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
3/24/16 12:16 p.m.

Smart man! The race tires, the wheels, the nitrous set up, maybe repurpose the cage.... I am all about recycling.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
3/24/16 12:25 p.m.

This will be the fifth Challenge that I have attended and is shaping up to be the greatest one yet!

So many cool builds already in the works and in so many directions!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/16 12:56 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: This will be the fifth Challenge that I have attended and is shaping up to be the greatest one yet!

Correlation pattern would then indicate you are the reason the challenge keeps getting better and better.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
3/24/16 1:32 p.m.

Oh, very kind of you but I am just one toothless Carney in this County Fair known as The Challenge!

Not to get too sentimental but I have one regret and that is that I did not join in earlier. I owe that to Aussie Steve who encouraged me to come as crew my first year and then Jeremy two years later who "enabled" me to campaign my first car.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
3/24/16 5:18 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Smart man! The race tires, the wheels, the nitrous set up, maybe repurpose the cage.... I am all about recycling.

Finally common sense has prevailed!

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/1/16 4:22 p.m.

$60 on craigslist... 17x9.5

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
4/1/16 7:31 p.m.

Just need to find two more

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/1/16 7:50 p.m.

Yeah, found two for $50 each on car-part.com. I will order them monday.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 10:09 a.m.

Ordered the other two wheels today. They are delivering them tomorrow for free since the yard is close and has a run to jacksonville everyday :)

$160 total for 4 17x9.5's which will work nicely next year on my S10 challenge build.

Also put the Firebird on a lift and looked at the damaged area. Looks like it is slightly out of alignment but nothing too terrible. The drivers side is about 1/4 inch back relative to the passenger side. Considering the damage that is better then I was expecting.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 10:42 a.m.

Also won a set of Bilsteins off ebay for $60 shipped.

Robbie
4/5/16 10:58 a.m.

Its gonna be FAST.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 11:14 a.m.

I hope so... I am trying to figure out nitrous so it can be faster

patgizz
4/5/16 12:02 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: I hope so... I am trying to figure out nitrous so it can be faster

that's the easy part. you get a line to go from the fuel pressure test port to your fuel solenoid and pull the schrader valve out of it, and run the nitrous line as normal. easy button is a universal EFI nozzle that goes in the intake tract in front of the throttle body, slightly less universal is a fuel plate that goes between throttle body and intake.

wet kit is your engine's friend. as are plugs 2 heat ranges colder. use delco plugs to keep the opti happy. stock is R44LTS. delco are easy, 2 heat ranges colder is an R42LTS. R = resistor, 4 = 14mm thread, 4(or 2 in this case) = heat range, LTS = long reach tapered seat

universal shark nozzle:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NITROUS-ZEX-EDELBROCK-NX-Nitrous-90016-Shark-Nozzle-1-8-NPT-/121934409505?hash=item1c63db6f21:g:pHIAAOSwI3RW86bu&vxp=mtr

i have a new one that could be had for less than that. i might have some solenoids that still work as well as the solenoid to nozzle lines and possibly a bottle to solenoid line and some misc fittings, and i'll have my jet card and nozzle assortment with me since i have a bottle in the datsun.

also have some new old stock 28x11x16 hoosier drag slicks sitting here doing nothing.

Robbie
4/5/16 12:03 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: I hope so... I am trying to figure out nitrous so it can be faster

Here was an idea I had... Can you put REALLY soft springs in the back (to help with weight transfer during launch in the drags - since the car will be a lot lighter, wheelspin may become an issue), but then toss in some of those 'airbag helpers' usually used for towing so you can pump them up to get some stiffness for autox?

like some of these:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Firestone/385/4103/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710529286&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180003463721&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxI24BRDqqN3f-97N6egBEiQAGv37hCeDy943G9S0iPew2gyj6aOburGRf-F9tgL-5AbiD5MaAieJ8P8HAQ

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 1:40 p.m.

Patgizz: PM me your number and we can discuss

How does that nozzle you posted meter the Nitrous. Is the jet mounted to the end of it?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 1:42 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

I was planning to cut a coil out of the stock springs and run the bilsteins I bought on ebay. Not sure about the air bladders but that is something to look into.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
4/5/16 2:03 p.m.

wish I had seen this earlier. have a full set of 17x9.5 vette wheels I would have let you have for 75....

im going to have to try to come this year.

and whatever happened to that fiero from last year? I really anted that car....

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 2:23 p.m.

Fiero was two years ago. We blew out the head gasket in the autocross. I am going to have my buddy replace them and then throw it on the forum. I pulled out the bigger injectors and the turbo so it will run correctly NA. Let me know if you want to buy it I am tired of looking at it

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
4/5/16 3:17 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Fiero was two years ago. We blew out the head gasket in the autocross. I am going to have my buddy replace them and then throw it on the forum. I pulled out the bigger injectors and the turbo so it will run correctly NA. Let me know if you want to buy it I am tired of looking at it

When is that actually going to happen?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
4/5/16 3:18 p.m.

Hopefully before the challenge so you can buy it back I should have had stampie tow it back up to you.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
4/5/16 3:22 p.m.

umm.....

how much not fixed?

(I think my wife may kill me in my sleep, but hell, its my chance to come to the challenge with a car I actually want)

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
4/5/16 4:33 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

You missed a golden opportunity.

patgizz
4/5/16 7:33 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Patgizz: PM me your number and we can discuss How does that nozzle you posted meter the Nitrous. Is the jet mounted to the end of it?

the jets go between the lines and the nozzle in most nitrous applications regardless of nozzle type. the 2 silver fittings at the top of the picture accept the jet, then the line tightens over the jet creating the seal.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ytSODmhOxR8OYOtJABSnIXRPN3PcFGXk9Ncz2O7lLYHAGoXbVfFEz83dgRhZAR3i