Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
9/2/15 9:52 a.m.
feature_image

Next week we’ll be joining 1200 of our best friends in Lincoln, Nebraska, for the SCCA Tire Rack Solo Nationals. On Monday, September 7, we’re again hosting Tacos and Talent with our friends from BFGoodrich. Come for dinner, stay for the entertainment.

Plus we have two cars entered. Art director J.G. Pasterjak will campaign our Formula 500 in …

Read the rest of the story

tpwalsh
tpwalsh HalfDork
9/2/15 12:31 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: multi-time Solo champ Andy Hollis will run a new ND-chassis Mazda MX-5 in C Street.

Too much fab work to be done on the CRX?

Ed Higginbotham
9/2/15 12:51 p.m.

I believe Andy is also running the CRX. MX-5 is just for exhibition fun.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
9/2/15 1:03 p.m.

So, what is this like? I am curious if I could come up there (6 hours or so drive) and hangout for a day or two. Is there any GRM type environment? On sight camping? Etc... I have been trying to get to a GRM event for over a year and can't seem to make any of them because of schedule, marriages, childbirth (this year's challenge), etc...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/2/15 1:10 p.m.
tpwalsh wrote:
Ed Higginbotham wrote: multi-time Solo champ Andy Hollis will run a new ND-chassis Mazda MX-5 in C Street.
Too much fab work to be done on the CRX?

Yes, Andy is running his CRX "for real" in Street Mod. The MX-5 is being run for exhibition since technically it isn't eligible for SCCA Street-category autocross at the moment. We're running the MX-5 on Thursday/Friday while SMF runs Tuesday/Wednesday.

David S. Wallens
9/2/15 1:11 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: So, what is this like? I am curious if I could come up there (6 hours or so drive) and hangout for a day or two. Is there any GRM type environment? On sight camping? Etc... I have been trying to get to a GRM event for over a year and can't seem to make any of them because of schedule, marriages, childbirth (this year's challenge), etc...

You can totally hang out there all day. You'll be surrounded by like 1200 other gear heads. Look for JG and I at our booth, which is in vendor village--near the food and stuff.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/2/15 1:31 p.m.

Unclosed formatting tag is breaking this thread. Begone!

There, is that better?

[edit] Apparently not. Works in preview, not in actual post.

Ed Higginbotham
9/2/15 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

Fixed. Sorry about that.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
9/2/15 3:06 p.m.

I'm sad I won't be able to watch AH run the new answer. Have to head back Thursday. Looking forward to watching the talent show and possibly meeting a few fellow dorks!

David S. Wallens
9/2/15 10:23 p.m.

And don't forget that JG will be hosting our talent and taco show on site Monday evening. I'll be there starting Tuesday morning. Last time we did Nationals together, lots of candy and donuts were handed out.

David S. Wallens
9/7/15 9:13 a.m.

JG is already in Lincoln, and tonight is our talent/taco show. Thank you, BFG, for your help. I land in Lincoln this evening.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vqWqEHt35Yy4LDYoIoVEYMe1ymq4vU2G88Hixfb801cb9X2wLdDJOR4pnCoJC1t6