1 2

They are made to different specifications. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
12/13/21 2:12 p.m.

I always go Wal-Mart and not the cheapest one they have for the application.  Always been happy with them.  Currently rocking a Maxx in my Suzuki for over five years and it's been fine.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/13/21 7:23 p.m.

Mid level Walmart battery bought and installed. 

Car runs again. 

Now it has all sorts of warning lights for traction control on though. 

Yay....

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
12/13/21 7:32 p.m.

I've been using various branded Johnson Controls batteries for years. The Duralast from Autozone, most of the ones at Walmart, and the ones sold at Advance are all Johnson Controls. Best one I had was an old Duralast Gold from the early 2000's when the branding was embossed into the case. That came in my old Dakota that was owned by my old boss when I worked at Autozone in college. I remember him putting it in his truck around 2003-04, and that lasted until about 2016! Unbelievable. 

The last battery I had issues with was an Autocraft-branded one from Advance, also Johnson Controls. It was less than 2 years old and had what seemed to be a dead cell. I think it was just a dud, but I replaced it over the weekend with a Super Start Premium from O'Reilly's. Their batteries are made by East Penn, which makes the Deka batteries. Hope it doesn't suck! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gWmzhmbqCaGZhZ3u7SLawGu8wEQaJ0rEDJjZsoDtE9UzB7hLGJlAPdSnc4WAP3UN