1 2 3 4
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/16 8:44 a.m.
jstein77 wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: Dark Highland Green, black 17" Bullitts and no wing. Kinda like this:
+1 but maybe a bit lower and a bit darker.
  • a million.. Grabber green or blue is a ticket waiting to happen. The dark highland green with bronzed bullet rims, lowered, and no wing is just classy and sleeper
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/14/16 8:52 a.m.

these cars aren't expensive... hmm...

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/16 9:51 a.m.

I'm leaning towards the subdued look like the Dark Highland Green one, only in a blue. I don't want my car to be a Bullitt tribute. Thinking no wing, the FR500's with a Graphite center instead of the old Silver, a deep blue metallic, and either no stripes or Graphite ones. If I do stripes, they will be vinyl.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
9/14/16 10:03 a.m.

Glad to see the car wasn't a write off.

S2-05 LAPIS BLUE FX KARRIER BASE (metalume). Bet its spendy though.

Javelin
9/14/16 10:22 a.m.

On second thought, I don't love it. This is a Kona Blue 96 Cobra with no wing. Kona Blue is a 12-16 Mustang color that I like, but it's too dark on the plainer SN95 body. I think I need to go a bit bolder.

Javelin
9/14/16 10:26 a.m.

Here's Deep Impact Blue:

Better, but still not there.

Javelin
9/14/16 10:29 a.m.

I'm leaning towards 2017 Lightning Blue. Nobody has done an SN95 in this color yet and it's pretty unique looking. I think I'd even do the Graphite/Red stripes as well since I'm already thinking Graphite wheels (polished lip!) and the calipers are red.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
9/14/16 10:39 a.m.
Javelin wrote: I'm leaning towards 2017 Lightning Blue. Nobody has done an SN95 in this color yet and it's pretty unique looking. I think I'd even do the Graphite/Red stripes as well since I'm already thinking Graphite wheels (polished lip!) and the calipers are red.

This wins in my opinion.

STM317
STM317 HalfDork
9/14/16 11:20 a.m.
Javelin wrote: I'm leaning towards 2017 Lightning Blue. Nobody has done an SN95 in this color yet and it's pretty unique looking. I think I'd even do the Graphite/Red stripes as well since I'm already thinking Graphite wheels (polished lip!) and the calipers are red.

Just an FYI, with a lot of their special colors, Ford will make you prove ownership of the specialty vehicle the paint came on. They've done it in the past with Mystichrome, Competition Orange, etc on SVT vehicles. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lightning Blue were treated the same way if it's a GT350 only color.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
9/14/16 11:34 a.m.

Man, that would look pretty cool... so looking forward to the finished product.

ChrisHachet
ChrisHachet New Reader
9/14/16 11:38 a.m.
STM317 wrote:
Just an FYI, with a lot of their special colors, Ford will make you prove ownership of the specialty vehicle the paint came on. They've done it in the past with Mystichrome, Competition Orange, etc on SVT vehicles. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if Lightning Blue were treated the same way if it's a GT350 only color.

I would think a really good automotive paint shop should be able to come rather close, right?

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/14/16 11:42 a.m.

+1 on the Lightning Blue - love it.

PS - That GT350R looks amazing.

Javelin
9/14/16 4:45 p.m.
STM317 wrote:

Lightning Blue is a full line Ford color. You can get it on the Fiesta, Fusion, and F150. But you are correct on the Mystichrome. I would hope that a current SVT owner would be able to get some paints though.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
9/14/16 5:32 p.m.

What about the crazy Electric Spice on the 2016 Edges, with black fender hash marks, and square fitment with concave Konig Oversteers?

Toebra
Toebra Reader
9/14/16 7:23 p.m.

Grabber Orange

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
9/14/16 11:55 p.m.

IMO that blue is nothing special on it's own but combined with the graphite/red stripes it looks amazing. (That rear spoiler is the single best thing I've ever looked at in my entire life, including Jessica Alba when she was on Dark Angel)

However, I don't think I would like the traditional twin stripes on an SN95. Maybe do the sills with a large graphite stripe with the red pinstripe on top of it and just do the center hood bulge following the styling lines from the grill up in graphite with the red pinstripe?

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
9/15/16 12:11 a.m.

So are we not gonna take the King Cobra seriously?

Javelin
9/15/16 12:11 a.m.

In reply to Nick (picaso) Comstock:

I like the stripes Bondurant used on their Cobras:

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
9/15/16 9:44 a.m.

hey Jav, you might want to look at this thread for a set of wheels. 17x9 and 17x10.5 5-spokes in the 95R style in white.

Plus they have Rcomps on them, mine was a riot on R's.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/wheels-and-tires-just-come-look-maybe-some-other-parts/121853/page1/

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
9/15/16 9:59 a.m.

Another vote for Lightning Blue, either the graphite or white stripes would work. This is the bright atlantic blue as my google fu is failing me on finding an SN95 with Lightning blue but it's close I'm not a Mustang guy but I like this.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
9/15/16 11:01 a.m.

I like that!

add this wing (as you discussed)

Although, I do like the Griggs GR40 spoiler, but its carbon and a-spensive

Javelin
9/15/16 11:47 a.m.

Lightning Blue is wearing off on me. I'm pretty sure all of the GT350R shots online are actually Liquid Blue, the concept color. Saw a Lightning Blue Fusion yesterday and it just looked like a regular color. SO now I'm trying to think of all my favorite blues.

04-06 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic:

Subaru World Rally Blue:

Mazda Celestial Blue:

Javelin
9/15/16 11:51 a.m.

I found these shots of an SN95 Cobra with the Saleen spoiler in the factory Bright Atlantic Blue. I think I need darker than this.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/15/16 12:05 p.m.

Geez, Michael, make up your mind already!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/15/16 12:15 p.m.

Admiral blue - the 96 vette grand sport color. Also known as Dark Cloisonne Metallic

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vPE7qvo6n1GBOAY9oSsaxIGzyWUquqwe9dp0yxwBxaBkX3uuSHM1b4MDL78oe48z