1 2
Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/12 3:39 p.m.

wow...who's passing the Hate_R_Aid?

Somehow nobody scoffed at the running Boxter that needed an oil separator for <$2k, but a $300 7 year old Mazda 3? Unpossible!

This definitely needs verification. Send a picture of the car with a GRM bumper sticker on it.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/3/12 3:42 p.m.
Tyler H wrote: wow...who's passing the Hate_R_Aid? Somehow nobody scoffed at the running Boxter that needed an oil separator for <$2k, but a $300 7 year old Mazda 3? Unpossible! This definitely needs verification. Send a picture of the car with a GRM bumper sticker on it.

You won't get the verification. The clues are in this thread.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/4/12 8:49 a.m.

Okay, I put in an offer. $300 cash, $20 gift cars, and a box of caramel corn. He's taking it well. Looks like the odds are in my favor, because he was told it would be $6k to fix, and he's getting a lease on a Yaris.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/4/12 8:51 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Tyler H wrote: wow...who's passing the Hate_R_Aid? Somehow nobody scoffed at the running Boxter that needed an oil separator for <$2k, but a $300 7 year old Mazda 3? Unpossible! This definitely needs verification. Send a picture of the car with a GRM bumper sticker on it.
You won't get the verification. The clues are in this thread.

An offer of $300, a $20 gift card, and a bag of caramel corn says I'll post verification when I get the car, probably in a week.

failboat
failboat Dork
5/4/12 10:22 a.m.

thats a pretty nice car, my brother has a 2003 specced exactly like that with the 2.3. Got it maybe a year and a half ago with 38k on it. He's not much of a car guy though and is ok with the Auto.

Is this one a 2.0? I dont see the 2.3 fender badge. Not that it matters now lol

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/4/12 12:46 p.m.
failboat wrote: thats a pretty nice car, my brother has a 2003 specced exactly like that with the 2.3. Got it maybe a year and a half ago with 38k on it. He's not much of a car guy though and is ok with the Auto. Is this one a 2.0? I dont see the 2.3 fender badge. Not that it matters now lol

If I can only find a 2.0, I'll label it the Mazda 2 1/2.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
5/4/12 6:56 p.m.
Somehow nobody scoffed at the running Boxter that needed an oil separator for <$2k, but a $300 7 year old Mazda 3? Unpossible!

Do you realize the 3 is worth almost as much in working condition? And is easier to sell?

Im with 92celica here. This is pretty obvious.

I sold the ugliest mazda3 ever for $4300. If the engine had blown up i would have fixed it and STILL made money selling it at $4300. One like the one pictured could easily sell for $8k.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
kIOXlbYHBDwLRa9cYBCnQXerKaIvhyXcaj2PYeowT1fUSyud4aAbwJimGtOpSbgg