Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
11/14/17 1:43 p.m.
feature_image

He was the concours judge at the Grassroots Motorsports $2017 Challenge wearing the name tag "Media Darling." Jason Cammisa, formerly from Motor Trend OnDemand, hosted popular shows like "Head 2 Head" and "Ignition." He was also one of our guest judges at our $2017 Challenge. What were his favorite moments from the event? We'll find out tomorrow.

Join us with …

Read the rest of the story

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
11/14/17 9:37 p.m.

Nice cover picture :-)

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/17 9:37 p.m.
wheels777 said:

Nice cover picture :-)

Not as nice as it could be laugh

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
11/15/17 3:57 p.m.

I will be tuning in!

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/15/17 4:28 p.m.

I too hope to join.

I am curious to hear his preconceived vision of the event and how same/different the reality of the event was.   

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/15/17 7:40 p.m.

Friendly reminder that we go live soon: 9 p.m. Eastern. JG will be on the screen, and I'll be monitoring the Facebook and YouTube chats. Come hang with us. 

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
11/15/17 8:04 p.m.

bump?

David S. Wallens
11/15/17 8:07 p.m.

GRM LIVE! Presented by CRC Industries

Tonight: We're talking to automotive journalist Jason Cammisa from Road & Track, Automobile Magazine and Motor Trend TV (and a judge at the GRM $2017 Challenge).

Posted by Grassroots Motorsports Magazine on Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/17 8:50 p.m.

There was a damn fine datsun burnout picture shown.  Okay, two of them.  

David S. Wallens
11/15/17 9:40 p.m.

Thanks. Figured that you'd dig the photos.

Thanks, everyone, for joining us tonight. That was a fun show. 

Missed the live broadcast? You can always watch the shows as a rerun on our YouTube channel.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/15/17 11:04 p.m.

Couldn't be home in time for the live cast but just finished it on YouTube. 

Mr. Cammisa added greatly to my enjoyment of the Challenge this year (my third). I've been following the work he's been involved in for years now with great admiration. Since I hadn't quite crossed any creepy lines into stalkerdom it was only somewhat recently that I noticed (mostly through Instagram) that he was heavily involved in the 'nuts and bolts' aspect of being a car enthusiast and did much of the work on his own cars. One of the many things we spoke about at the Challenge was the value of an automotive video program's host being credible when discussing 'nuts and bolts'. Mr. Cammisa doesn't just put a face on automotive content I want to see, he comes across as embodying the type of personal involvement and investment in the subject matter that makes you grant instant 'peer status', turn off your bullE36 M3 sniffers and just enjoy the show as if you are among long-time friends. To have him present at the Challenge I enjoy so much (even when i don't attend!) was a unique confluence of what I consider some of the best parts of the automotive journalism landscape and I hope that many others got a chance to talk with him as part of their $2017 experience. 

Thanks to GRM for making all of it happen. yes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SpKVlmVIUNK750zgyq8RqPWxE3Qf3cVB6l2EkfjFwjhMQ0sCEzzlVLsh7f2XoYbg