David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/24/18 10:42 a.m.

This story is published in the event program for the 2018 Classic Motorsports Mitty presented by Hagerty. This year's event celebrates Nissan as the featured marque. Want to join in the fun? Find out more here.

You built a Locost? That’s cute. Kent Finnerty built one, too–inside his parents’ living room.

The high-school student formed the chassis in three …

Read the rest of the story

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/24/18 11:53 a.m.

That's pretty sweet! Very cool build.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/18 12:35 p.m.

Nice, here's a Challenge car I hadn't heard of before. I wonder if he kept it modular after being fully assembled, being able to fit through a regular doorway seems like it could be a useful capability for a car...it would make it relatively easy to ship in crates for one thing. The bodywork looks good for how simple and cheap it is, with a couple more pieces over the rear it could've looked like a cheap KTM X-bow.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
4/24/18 2:13 p.m.

Not Since Goober Put That Plymouth in Andy's Office, 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/25/18 7:52 a.m.

I'd forgotten about this.  Wasn't it around 05 or something, I know there was an article in the magazine back then.  Any more pics of the chassis and suspension out there.

What happened to the 'racecar' class where things like this and the GRM Formula Vee competed.  Would this still be challenge legal?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TzW6UuNotntI2y8VF2O8Bdciyd6ZoatRU5fsMXRvFFAjzDoXweKuFVFP1TbSxT8H