Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
6/16/15 2:52 p.m.

Our clients are great. But this one is my favorite.

She dropped in to check on the progress of some of her cars we are working on in this 330.

photo 20150616_113357_zpsyaeivdzy.jpg

Tossed me the keys and said "Take it out for a spin. You will love it!".

The Alfa Sprint and Lancia Appia Zagato in the background are hers as well. When I returned with the Ferrari she then spent half an hour geeking out over my POS Falcon and then flipped out about the 56 Isetta we are stripping down.

It is so nice to deal with clients that are just as excited about cars as I am. Her interests are so wide and varied that she doesn't look down on more pedestrian vehicles and treats them with the same respect and fascination as more exotic examples.

Also, I just wanted to show off that parking lot shot with the Mk1 Tiger, Alfa, Lancia, Pantera, E-type, Ford and Ferrari. We had to move them out of the main shop to have room to work on the other cars.

/brag

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/16/15 3:03 p.m.

Brag justified.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
6/16/15 3:09 p.m.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention. We are looking for another person at the shop

http://eugene.craigslist.org/trd/5068144766.html

If'n anyone knows somebody close to Eugene, OR with a lot of skills with old crap like this.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/16/15 3:13 p.m.

Real car people love cars. All cars. From the mundane to the uber-exotic.

And yes... brag justified. I wish I had the skills to work at a shop like that or was young enough to learn (e.g. live like hermit working as an apprentice).

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/16/15 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K. Balls:

Job Advert said: We will not require modern automotive computer and OBD abilities

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon SuperDork
6/16/15 3:34 p.m.

Hey now, you never finished posting pictures of the Ferrari you did awhile ago.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
6/16/15 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Esoteric Nixon:

It is out for paint touchups and will be back in a day or two. I will snap some photos and try to update the build thread.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/15 3:42 p.m.

Awesome. Days like that make the less good days at the shop worthwhile, eh?

Sent this to a Facebook buddy to see if he's interested in moving back from Texas to Oregon. He's more on the side of working on race cars, but he's a fast learner and you'll probably get a copy of his resume at some point.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
6/16/15 3:54 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: Oh yeah. Forgot to mention. We are looking for another person at the shop http://eugene.craigslist.org/trd/5068144766.html If'n anyone knows somebody close to Eugene, OR with a lot of skills with old crap like this.

moving to the general area shortly.......

PS - I'm looking for a VERY competent machine shop in the general area... whom do you use??

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
6/16/15 4:23 p.m.

In reply to oldeskewltoy:

Bob Drummond is our go to for older stuff, but he is getting very old and retirement is gonna sneak up on us. Grant Springer is dealing with health issues so his shop is backed up for a while.

Honestly, we are looking too.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
6/16/15 4:24 p.m.

Oh yeah. If you anyone is in the central Willamette valley this weekend.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
6/16/15 4:28 p.m.

I would love to segue my next career move into such an environment. My skills unfortunately are of the make it up as you go along variety!

Burrito
Burrito HalfDork
6/16/15 4:38 p.m.

Sounds like I'll be there Saturday morning at 11 with a resume in hand. Or, heck, I might even head down on Friday afternoon and see the whole Eugene gang.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HmvPtNNrTvF0sLzUOj0HtjBtmyUWhnJQgPQhVlnLU3SmSYhLv8yLxnUWUYn4rJPT