Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/20/20 12:00 p.m.
feature_image

Situated some 20 minutes outside of New Orleans, Louisiana, NOLA Motorsports Park boasts a road course, skid pad and a kart circuit. The campus will also be able to say it hosted a Gridlife event come November 6-8.

Called the Bayou Bash, the event will feature pretty much everything you have come to expect from a Gridlife weekend: drifting, time …

Read the rest of the story

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/20 12:07 p.m.

It's going to be a crazy fun event.

Headline of the event is the first Freestyle Double Drift event held in North America.

Cars will be turned loose in pairs on the Kart Track to drive and put on a show however they choose.

10/20/20 12:10 p.m.

Myself, Mazdeuce, Bobzilla and Daylan are all going to be there.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/20/20 12:39 p.m.

I'm being tempted to bring the MG down.  I enjoyed Gridlife Road America.  I need a vacation.  And I'm out of Crystal hot sauce.  

I'm not sure I want to do hotels or drive the camper down 12 hrs.  Decisions decisions.

nocones
10/21/20 12:32 a.m.

I am definitely coming.  Registered tonight.  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/21/20 6:56 a.m.
nocones said:

I am definitely coming.  Registered tonight.  

YES! Tubey will be down for a day of HPDE driving and I volunteered to work throughout the weekend. I'm stoked.

bigben
bigben Reader
10/26/20 8:29 p.m.

I am very tempted to go, since it is only 8hrs away.  Does anyone know if there are any other options for a track day novice to participate besides the HPDE? 

(I'd like to do the HPDE but I'd only be able to do Saturday and don't really want to pay for two days and only do one.)

10/26/20 9:01 p.m.
bigben said:

I am very tempted to go, since it is only 8hrs away.  Does anyone know if there are any other options for a track day novice to participate besides the HPDE? 

(I'd like to do the HPDE but I'd only be able to do Saturday and don't really want to pay for two days and only do one.)

I reached out to their lead instructor and confirmed. The program is a 2 day program, and you want to do both days I promise you.

bigben
bigben Reader
10/26/20 10:12 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

I may just come as a spectator then.  Do you happen to know any details about camping or bringing kids to watch the event? There's not much info on the website. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/27/20 12:24 a.m.

My daughter and I will be there supporting one of the GLTC racers. 

As excited as I am to go help a buddy race, it's $165 for two people to attend Saturday and Sunday and camp over night. This is essentially a club race with some entertainment. That's hard to swallow. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/20 5:53 a.m.
bigben said:

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

I may just come as a spectator then.  Do you happen to know any details about camping or bringing kids to watch the event? There's not much info on the website. 

There's definitely on-site camping, as nocones is planning on camping there. 

The facility it's self doesn't have any restrictions on allowing children. I have no clue if Gridlife does, but that seems unlikely to me, at least for an event like this. 

nocones
11/4/20 9:11 p.m.

Upon review I'm deciding to back out.  I am sad that I will miss meeting/hanging out with new GRMers.  Safe travels and good luck to those that go.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/5/20 7:02 a.m.

Tubey is packed, trailer is ready. Clothes packed. Get off work, go home and pack the MH with the remaining stuff and wait for our guests to arrive to load the Miata. 

My body is tingly with excitement!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/5/20 7:14 a.m.

We are ticked and confirmed. Looks like we'll be able to drive straight through, sleep at the track, and limit our contact to a small group of people. And we get to do race car stuff. laugh

11/5/20 9:22 a.m.

I'm heading over Saturday morning to see you guys! Not sure how long I'll be able to stick around, as that depends on whether SWMBO gets called into work that day. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/5/20 2:53 p.m.

tick................ tock............................................tick.................................................tock

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/6/20 7:07 p.m.

11/7/20 5:11 p.m.

11/7/20 6:46 p.m.

Oh yeah, I got a new hat today too. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork