Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/13/21 11:55 a.m.
feature_image

Remember how much fun you had watching Speedvision as a kid? Gridlife hopes to bring back that thrill with its new Circuit Legends Festival.

Set to take place August 19-20, 2022, at Connecticut’s Lime Rock Park, the event is dedicated to celebrating “automotive culture of the Mid ‘80s through Mid ‘00s by featuring vehicles that represent ‘The Golden Age of …

Read the rest of the story

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/13/21 4:23 p.m.

This event is going to be so much fun.

I'm really excited to see the end result of what happens when Gridlife's open minds meet Skip Barber..

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
12/13/21 8:32 p.m.

You mean skip and his handful of best friends / business investors, right?  Lime rock is under different ownership.

I'm going for sure!

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/14/21 12:08 a.m.

In reply to mikeatrpi :

I was told Skip was really excited about Gridlife and their whole program, especially the GLTC program.

regardless.. it's going to be a really cool weekend!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/14/21 10:29 a.m.

It looks like a lot of fun. I could see me traveling to CT for this one. They need to bring this to one of the central events like Heartland or PPIR.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/14/21 4:37 p.m.

I'm still salty at Lime Rock for throwing me out a couple years ago, but I might have to set that aside and go

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
12/14/21 6:34 p.m.

Now that sounds like an interesting story...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/14/21 7:23 p.m.
NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/14/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to mikeatrpi :

I took my supercharged Miata up to lend it too a Youtube channel. They did one warmup lap of the autocross track and track staff came over and said it was too loud. So I bolted in the tailpipe baffle I used for highway driving, they did some filming for the main channel. Then the videographer wanted to film stuff for his own channel, so we got all the cameras and mics rigged on it and just as he was about tp go out with it, track staff came over and said "The blue car is done for the day. Its still too loud." 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
12/15/21 11:43 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Ah noise rules... They seem to be in perpetual turmoil with the local residents.  Pretty lousy to watch you guys get all set up then send you home though.  

I was hoping for a story involving an epic pass on the last lap, or after dark debauchery in the camping section :)

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/15/21 12:10 p.m.

In reply to mikeatrpi :

Since we had the cameras and mics rigged, we ended up doing a road review. So instead we ended up screaming right by the houses of the people who might have complained about us making too much noise at the track 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4AUmB0okZZLbZAMNtQ5Bkg0vnNItVt78ykxvKTDREPoYZeJ0k50tAqHVPbYzNgxP