Also good: https://www.facebook.com/groups/exocetowners/

D2W
D2W Reader
8/11/15 4:14 p.m.

thanks guys

Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
8/18/15 2:02 p.m.

Last piece of the you can't fit longtubes on an exocet puzzle is the starter. Tight fit, but it fit. Powermaster 9509, a bit pricy, but the only thing that's probably going to fit that space.

Greg_E
Greg_E Reader
8/18/15 2:41 p.m.

The headers aren't going to burn that up?

Dietcoke
Dietcoke New Reader
8/18/15 3:18 p.m.

Don't see why they would. There's ~1/8 inch of clearance at the long bolt that holds the motor nose in, and a good 5/8 to 3/4 inch to the actual motor itself. The lower part is just a gearbox and isnt super heat sensitive. It's a little tighter then my old camaro, but clearance wise isnt much different then any corvette with headers. Probably be fine - lots of open airflow in an exocet :)

jsquared
jsquared Reader
8/20/15 11:02 p.m.

Nuts, looks like I won't be able to make it to Exocet day at AMP Job search going slower than I'd like so I can't afford the trip. TAKE PICTURES

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
8/27/15 5:24 p.m.

Another Exocet rolling under it's own power!

It's clearly not nearly done yet (checkout the duct taped electrical tray), but it was a total hoot to autocross. A stock NA 1.8 is way more fun than you'd figure, but the Koni shocks/HR springs from the donor need to be replaced with coilovers ASAP.

ihmcguinness
ihmcguinness New Reader
8/27/15 5:27 p.m.

Looking nice & purposeful!

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
8/27/15 6:09 p.m.

This is probably the right place to ask - What's the best track/autocross coilover that doesn't totally blow the budget? The Ohlins at $2800 look great, but what can you buy for maybe half of that?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/15 6:45 p.m.

V-Maxx Classic or XXtreme are working really well on our car, and they're about a third of price of the Ohlins. The FOX would also rock pretty hard on an Exocet, but I haven't been able to shake a set free to test yet.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader
8/27/15 10:41 p.m.

Happy with how the color turned out.

jsquared
jsquared Reader
8/27/15 10:51 p.m.

I take it that is the "transparent copper" color mentioned earlier? Crazy in a good way!

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader
8/28/15 6:57 a.m.

That's it. I wanted something that looked close to GM's sunset orange metallic paint of the early 2000s. Ended up pretty dead on.

einy
einy New Reader
8/28/15 12:17 p.m.

Good to see, Jim! Lots of smiles from those in those in the picture!

einy
einy New Reader
8/28/15 1:11 p.m.

First attempt at posting a picture here ... if this works, here is where I'm at on s/n 110's build.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader
8/28/15 1:27 p.m.

I like the signal integrated into the upper side panel. I may have to do that with mine.

jwagner
jwagner New Reader
8/29/15 11:00 a.m.

In reply to einy: Looks good - are you going to have access to those belt adjusters with the side panel on?

einy
einy New Reader
8/30/15 12:18 p.m.

I will, but acess will be tight! Not 100% set on final adjustments quite yet, though. As of today, seat is back out of the car for rear wire loom permanent fitting, so I may readjust belts while I have ready access. Getting closer to setting up Ohio State Patrol inspection so I can get on the road !!

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
8/31/15 12:14 a.m.

In reply to einy:

Are you planning on doing a windshield and wipers before OSP inspection? We just moved to OH and the regs seem to mandate a windshield but I have heard of golf carts getting registered without.

einy
einy New Reader
8/31/15 4:37 p.m.

I am going to try without either and see what happens. If that works, I may add a short windshield later, but I want to avoid the wiper hassle. As I read the law, if you have a windshield, you need a wiper. Not real clear on whether a windshield is required or not, therefore my plan to find out.

What I am wondering now ... Do I need to install my fenders to register in Ohio ??

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
8/31/15 10:07 p.m.

In reply to einy:

I hope you are right and you can get it registered without a windshield or wipers. I will be ordering a race chassis later in Sept for a Feb 2016 delivery and plan to register it in OH too. Looking at this

4501-33-05 Equipment inspection for self-assembled motor vehicles. (A) All self-assembled vehicles shall be inspected to determine compliance with Chapter 4513. of the Revised Code, and the following chapters of the Administrative Code: 4501:2-1 (addressing motor vehicle inspection), 4501-15 (addressing lighting), 4501-17 (addressing motorcycles-lighting and helmets), 4501- 41 (addressing windows of vehicles), and 4501-43 (addressing maximum height of bumpers). (B) Inspecting employees will document in the VIN comments portion of the HP-106 for self-assembl......

It seems like a windshield is a required item and with a windshield wipers are needed. That is if the letter of the law is followed. Maybe the inspection process is less stringently followed.

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist Reader
8/31/15 10:10 p.m.

BTW that is from here

http://www.bipac.net/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_OH.pdf

It is the best resource I have found so far.

einy
einy New Reader
9/1/15 11:26 a.m.

I hear you, but I also see a 'rail buggy' driving around my local area without windshield or fenders. I talked to the owner who had no issue getting his inspection done a few years back without these. Worth a try, I think. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader
9/1/15 7:48 p.m.

Race numbers = race car

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/15 11:52 a.m.

Some great pictures of the XXXocet.

http://shootfordetails.com/2015/08/xxxocet-madness/

1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 112

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners