Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/20/19 3:13 p.m.
feature_image

Each January, the Rolex 24 at Daytona returns to the world center of racing, and each January we're right there with it. The Grassroots Motorsports Experience is your home away from home at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, and we're once again hoisting our big-top hospitality tent right in the center of the Rolex 24 weekend. The fun runs January 23-26, 2020, is presented …

Read the rest of the story

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
6/20/19 3:31 p.m.

Thanks Jordan for clearing up a few questions that I had.  A couple quick questions though.  Is Mazda no longer a sponsor next year?  And.........At the 2018 Rolex we arrived a couple hours before the race and the infield was completely filled including your lot and that's with having GRM Experience tickets.  There simply was not one more spot available. We got booted out and had to park outside the track, down the street across from the Mall and walk back in. How can you guarantee that this won't happen again? This did not happen in 2019 but we got there way earlier to secure a spot.  Thanks for all your help. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/20/19 3:39 p.m.

As of right now, Mazda is not a sponsor. As for your other concern, let me ask the powers that be and get back to you. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/20/19 4:03 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

Ideally we could guarantee that everyone with a parking pass would get in, but the fact is the Speedway oversells parking for the entire Rolex infield, including our area. We hire our own parkers and manage to fit as many vehicles as possible into our paddock, and work with the gate so they know when we still have parking and let our people in as long as we do (since we usually have some available long past when the rest of the infield fills up), but you do need to arrive early on race day, as you did in 2019, to avoid long lines and possibly being turned away.

Margie

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
6/20/19 6:09 p.m.

Thanks Margie, you always do a good job of putting on the event and we always have a good time so I am not complaining just trying to clarify. We typically get there early but in 2018 are flight was delayed etc. so we arrived later than anticipated. The key, for everyone to know then is to arrive early to get a spot. Keep up the good work, looking forward to 2020.  Thanks. 

JohnHaag1
JohnHaag1 None
6/21/19 4:15 p.m.

Since tickets sell out in a matter of seconds, I have to ask. Do you know if tickets are sold through an interaction with a human at Pit Shop and, if so, what time do they open? Or should I call at one second after midnight (EST) on the night of    7-22/7-23 if the purchase is automated? The tickets have always been sold out when I have called in the past. Thank you.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/21/19 8:17 p.m.

When I call, there’s always a human on the other end.

1LapSRT
1LapSRT New Reader
6/26/19 10:41 a.m.

So when do we call?  8AM Eastern ?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/26/19 11:40 a.m.

We're waiting to hear from Daytona, and should know by Friday.

Tom Suddard
7/1/19 10:18 a.m.

GRM Experience tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. eastern on July 23.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
7/2/19 8:44 a.m.

Perfect, we have all the info we need, please feel free to delete the thread wink

redstack
redstack Reader
7/3/19 11:28 a.m.

Ok so I just renewed my outside camping and 4 day passes. If by some miracle I score a grm ticket, how do I sell my existing passes? 

On another note, 4 years ago I got infield tent camping for $30. This year it's $490!!  I guess I'm never going to be in the infield again. 

Tom Suddard
7/3/19 12:31 p.m.

Easiest way to sell passes is usually just a post on the forum here. There's always people looking for them.

1LapSRT
1LapSRT New Reader
7/8/19 10:40 a.m.

In reply to redstack :

That can't possibly be the same pass.  No way the cost changed THAT MUCH!  IMHO

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Oo1cAuo1J4X2bR5NZQyxJhov59v8aG4MRKX2jhbZqhIchOC1BMBPOXdZu2eciUXe