Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/7/15 6:07 a.m.

We made it to Barber Motorsports Park last night and got our Miata teched for the 'Shin Country Classic with the 24 Hours of LeMons. We were placed in Class A with zero penalty laps. Anyone care to guess where we'll finish?

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
2/7/15 7:05 a.m.

No predictions from me other than I predict you'll have a blast. Post updates as you are able.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/15 9:22 a.m.

8th.

Idk.

I may bring the kid out tomorrow to check out some hot crap on crap racing.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/15 10:54 a.m.

Alabama.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/7/15 11:41 a.m.

Third and a half place.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/15 12:54 p.m.

Keep an eye out for Curmudgeon. He'll be the bald guy with a light bulb in his mouth.

chiodos
chiodos New Reader
2/7/15 3:04 p.m.

Wtf I live not even 2 hrs from barber and I choose this weekend to visit my parents? Dang

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/8/15 5:33 p.m.

After the morning session they were 5th. Race should be over, we should be getting an update.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/8/15 5:52 p.m.

Team GRM finished 11th, after spending most of the day a couple tenths off 5th, thanks to a "catastrophic brake failure"

Edit: just heard from the guys, and apparently a caliper welded itself to the rotor. They got it fixed in 10 minutes and got back out on track in time to move up one position and finish 10th. A good weekend, and shows what you can do with an honest LeMons car. Sounds like they had a lot of fun.

Margie

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
2/9/15 6:26 a.m.

They drove a good race and had a great finish. They blew by me...several times. But hey...I was driving a 32 year old pick up that lost oil pressure every time we turned right. Damn shame it wasn't a NASCAR race, we'd have won!

Well done, GRM!!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/9/15 8:52 a.m.

Y'all only blew by me three times. Good driving! I was in the Terminally Confused Civic, that was the yellow one with the big bee's butt welded to the roof.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/9/15 8:57 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Keep an eye out for Curmudgeon. He'll be the bald guy with a light bulb in his mouth.

You mean Uncle Fester?

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
2/9/15 9:12 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Y'all only blew by me three times. Good driving! I was in the Terminally Confused Civic, that was the yellow one with the big bee's butt welded to the roof.

Heh, who knew? We were probably hanging out together for a while. I was in the '83 Datsun/Nissan 720 pickup.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/9/15 9:20 a.m.

Cool! I'm watching my in car and see the truck as I type this.

Dangit, as usual I didn't get to meet any other GRM'ers face to face.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WdmQ95gBSfDbYIr7KJ3ee6ZXvd5643dBSzLoxrPyuI8lWT1NMIwxyap3aXS5zoEx