1 2
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed New Reader
8/12/08 7:51 p.m.

Just got it today and it's a good one. I have given it the once through and now I need to go back and read it carefully. Much appreciated after the "Mustang" issue. Ha!! Had to give you one last zing! They are all good.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/12/08 8:15 p.m.

The October issue seems to be getting particularly good reviews, actually. It's tough for us because, honestly, sometimes it's hard for us to tell the difference between one issue and another because we're just so wrapped up in the process. We really appreciate all the feedback because it's nigh-on impossible for us to be objective sometimes.

Yes, I said "nigh-on."

jg

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/08 9:45 p.m.

Well, I sure liked it

mtn
mtn Dork
8/12/08 10:23 p.m.

I liked it. I've only read it 3 times, but I've liked it.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/08 10:32 p.m.

Loved it! Seems to be a lot of BMW content lately, but it's been REALLY good. The issue as a whole was much improved over the last issue of Muscle Mustangs... I mean GRM.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/12/08 10:33 p.m.

I enjoyed it personally, though I enjoy them all. maybe that is why I bought ten years.

integraguy
integraguy Reader
8/13/08 6:01 a.m.

Having read GRM for decades(?), the only thing I feel I ever need to complain about is that occasionally (like once, every few YEARS) the page content seems thin. Heck, this is now the only mag I buy without skimming the contents first (sorry, never subscribed). My other complaint? Not enough folks are using the classified ads section...at least not like they used to. I guess they are all using CL and E-Bay?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/13/08 6:19 a.m.

good good issue.

loved the details on the carbon z600

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/13/08 7:13 a.m.
integraguy wrote: Having read GRM for decades(?), the only thing I feel I ever need to complain about is that occasionally (like once, every few YEARS) the page content seems thin. Heck, this is now the only mag I buy without skimming the contents first (sorry, never subscribed). My other complaint? Not enough folks are using the classified ads section...at least not like they used to. I guess they are all using CL and E-Bay?

Dunno about the page comment, since we've been up in pages for the last several issues, but yeah, people have migrated toward online classifieds instead of print. That's why we just started doing free classifieds for subscribers (click on "Advertise" at left and fill out the form to place one).

Margie

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/13/08 7:30 a.m.

The carbon honda was AMAZING, I liked the Fiero, the BMW M comparo was neato, always love to see updates on the Rally Saab, and the editorial was top notch, keep it up guys.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
8/13/08 7:51 a.m.

The October issue? I think mine arrived a week or two ago and it's around here somewhere. I'll check it out soon.

jk

dculberson
dculberson New Reader
8/13/08 9:02 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: The carbon honda was AMAZING

Yeah! Was he really holding the entire body shell up with one hand? It was hard to tell in the picture. He definitely did an awesome job on that car. I'd love to see more people running Z600 bodied cars. I think they're great looking.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/13/08 9:40 a.m.

Damn - haven't seen it yet. I want to read about the Carbon Z600.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/13/08 9:44 a.m.

Please take no offense but I think we need a new drug.

The M3-ata coverage is great but it seems that is all we acare about...

Wait it is, carry on.

Roberto Bowen
Roberto Bowen
8/13/08 9:51 a.m.

In the pic Mike is holding up one end of the Z600 shell and his wife is holding the other end. It's light, but pretty large and awkward for one person to handle. It's also a little fragile so he's not keen on moving it around by himself.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/13/08 10:47 a.m.

Local Barnes and Noble still hasn't even gotten the August issue. :(

I really need to subscribe instead of picking it up there.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/13/08 10:49 a.m.

Yup. For what it's costing you to pick up each issue at B&N for a year, you could subscribe AND get a t-shirt or a sticker pack, and have a some change left over.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/13/08 10:55 a.m.

If it seems like Baxter and I are in total ho mode, it's just because we've been working on the store for the past few weeks and are a little gung-ho on getting people to go to it. Sorry... we'll now return to our usual mindless chatter--at least, I will.

Speaking of chatter, I have to go over to Off Topic now and start a new topic about how much I hate Bob Costas.

Margie

dculberson
dculberson New Reader
8/13/08 11:10 a.m.
John Brown wrote: The M3-ata coverage is great but it seems that is all we acare about...

I've been toying with buying a car specifically for autocross, relatively small budget, and can't seriously bring myself to consider anything other than an E36 M3 (and that's not the censor being activated) or a Miata. Now, is that the magazine and forum's influence, or is it that I found the magazine and forum due to that facet of my personality?

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/13/08 12:32 p.m.

CF Z600 + The '49 = teh awesome. Good jorb, guys. And though I'll never use it myself, the 'calculate your own displacement' write up was cool as well. One of those, "Yeah, they did that in an issue of grassroots a couple years ago. Whatcha wanna do is, bring #1 to TDC, lay a bologna sandwich over it, sealing it with marshmallow fluff, of course, then, using a twisty-straw, blow a quadriple vodka tonic through the sandwich, write down a bunch of numbers and say 'Yep, that there's 1488cc's of honda goodness.' - type-deals.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
8/13/08 1:00 p.m.

I just got busted with the new issue of GRM.

I subscibe to both GRM and CM. I keep an issue strategicly positioned in the facilities here at work. Just as I finish reading one issue cover to cover another one arrives. Today while exchanging issues the bosses, bosses, boss stopped me while walking through the shop and asked me "what have you got there". "Oh, well ahh it's a technical publication that I'm hoping will help us increase the performance of the drive motor for the wind tunnel". He looked me in the eye and said "Yeah right" and walked off.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/13/08 3:18 p.m.

That's a good one for our heard on teh intrawebs section.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/13/08 4:28 p.m.

herd.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/13/08 4:45 p.m.

hurd

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/13/08 4:45 p.m.

heared