Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/20/21 9:43 p.m.

Hi All,

Got a bit of a weird request.  I have a friend working on an art project, and is looking to incorporate 911 parts.  Specifically, he is trying to get at least one part from each of the 993, 996, 997, 991, and 992 generations.  Not super picky about what, and junk parts from blown engines are not only acceptable, but preferred (think used bearings, bent rods/valves/etc, cracked pistons).  He's hoping for cheap to free, but happy to cover shipping if nothing available locally (Richmond, VA).  When he wondered out loud at dinner tonight where he'd ever find people that just have used parts laying around, I told him I might have a source :). 

Let me know if you think you can help, and thank you!

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/20/21 9:47 p.m.

I mean, I have some broken gauges from my 924S, which I'm pretty sure are the same gauges they used in 911s in the 80s....

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

I have a 'few' 986 parts that are common to the 996. Would that make them outside the parameters? How large a part is optimal and how many? I could do a USPS flat rate box assortment.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/20/21 9:55 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

I'm honestly not sure.  I think that would work, and small-ish (valves, bearings, maybe a piston or rod on the upper end) is good.  I will give him a call in the morning and see how much leeway there is....not being an artist myself, I'm not sure when I cross the line :).  Thanks for the offer!

dps214
dps214 Dork
10/20/21 10:24 p.m.

I've got some 991 sway bar end links that I've already partially turned into an art project of sorts. I'd happily give those away for the cost of shipping. Also have a pair of stock (amber) side marker lights, those probably wouldn't be free, but pretty cheap.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/21/21 7:11 p.m.

I think I've found some locally, thanks to a dealership friend, but will circle back if it falls through.  Thank you all!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xEXibr3dD10nYANZCn97lTxnGzsSfMX8olZgWWyTItx7eerDYDZpTHNpAUxxjbzO