1 2 3 4
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
3/26/20 12:49 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

Here's the funny thing. I didn't subscribe for the cars, the articles or the videos. I only really read the columns in the magazine. I subscribed for the people. The excellent team of people that run the magazine, and the excellent group of people that frequent this forum.

Same here.  I subscribed because those dollars pay for the upkeep of the forum.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/26/20 7:00 a.m.
JoeyM said:
Toyman01 said:

Here's the funny thing. I didn't subscribe for the cars, the articles or the videos. I only really read the columns in the magazine. I subscribed for the people. The excellent team of people that run the magazine, and the excellent group of people that frequent this forum.

+1

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
3/26/20 7:12 a.m.
bobzilla said:
JoeyM said:
Toyman01 said:

+1

+2 - I find my gear head buddies dig subscriptions as Xmas gifts so I tend to grab a few for other folks. It's a bit like some addictive things, you know the first taste is free,=.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/26/20 7:20 a.m.

I wish everyone would subscribe to help keep the forum maintained. But if you open the magazine, it is actually pretty good thanks to David and the gang's efforts.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 7:26 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

The magazine is outstanding. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 8:04 a.m.
Tim Suddard said:

I wish everyone would subscribe to help keep the forum maintained. But if you open the magazine, it is actually pretty good thanks to David and the gang's efforts.

Guilt trip achievement unlocked!  smiley  2 year subscription and Classic Motorsports on order.

I mostly didn't reup my subscription when it lapsed because I basically have too much E36 M3 to be hoarding magazines.  I'll leave the issues out in the waiting area at work after I've read them, maybe get more people interested.  All the magazine shops around here have closed.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/26/20 8:57 a.m.

I subscribed to GRM after getting hooked on the forum. I can't imagine what it takes to do in-house photo hosting.

The day I learned about all of the car magazines closing down this winter, I added a subscription to Classic Motorsports.

An almost literal interpretation of "put your money where your mouth is."

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/20 1:27 p.m.
Tim Suddard said:

I've been terrible about this with all the moving I've done lately.  My subscription expired over a year ago and I haven't renewed.  Right now I have a stateside forwarding address but only for media mail, do you have a subscription option available without a free t-shirt?  I think it's time I made this right.  Besides, I know someone else that needs a subscription as well.

The magazine was recommended to me by M4ff3w, who adamantly tried to get me on to the forum when I bought my first Lada.  I subscribed in 2009 during my first auto-x season with my FC RX-7, and that year's subscription alone has saved our family more money than I'll ever pay to keep the magazine coming in every month.  To me, my subscription to GRM wasnt just a new chapter in my automotive life... it was an entirely new genre.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/27/20 7:26 a.m.

I renewed again in November.  And hoping when this all settles down I can lure a few Star Wars 501st Legion friends to an autocross and get them hooked.  (A few were interested late last year when I mentioned it.  Ride-alongs seem to be key.)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/20 8:46 a.m.
wheels777 said:

We are furiously building the next Challenge car(s) and the normal commute time is now shop time.  Hope others are able to get some extra garage time in. 

in theory, i've got an extra 1.5 hours per day x 5 days per week of garage time since changing jobs and then being relegated to working from home.

in practice, my dogs get about 1.5 hours per day x 5 days per week of extra attention.  at least until our temps are consistently a little warmer.

:-)

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
3/27/20 10:31 a.m.

I became a less frequent visitor to the forum, but kept both subscriptions,  when I found someone willing to buy my non running track Miata and found myself down to two vehicles.  Ran the 2019 Baja XL rally (going back in 2021)  which was a ton of grass roots fun but things really got back in gear when I switched to working from home about 6 months ago. More time to search Craigslist means that the fleet has grown into a parking problem. Now an NB Miata, 69 MGB and a too cheap to pass up 04 C5 Corvette have all taken up residence.  It's your fault!

Thanks for being here, especially now when we can all use a good distraction.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/27/20 10:36 a.m.

I just resubscribed to Classic Motorsports after a long lapse.  We need something other than bills to come in the mail.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/27/20 5:02 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Woo hoo!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gs5bE4jfq6ldzBo3UN728VXXUhDHmuh7EsH3amjBQCAFU8zQzIueoGxVyGjF4Pmv