slowcamaro
slowcamaro New Reader
4/20/10 12:07 p.m.

My friend has a 96 civic with a 94 h22 engine/trans. Hasport mounts and unknown axles. Well the axles are trashed. Is there an off the shelf set of axles that will fit this engine chassis combination?

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
4/20/10 12:08 p.m.

Doesn't Hasport sell some which are direct fit?

slowcamaro
slowcamaro New Reader
4/20/10 12:35 p.m.

In reply to 96DXCivic:

Yes, the issue there is the axles are pricey, the warranty isn't worth much. I was wondering if their happens to be an axle that will interchange which he could pick up locally. The parts store offers lifetime warranty on new axles where as high dollars hasports are only 1 or 2 yrs. I forget which he said.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/20/10 1:10 p.m.

I think Raxles is offering Hybrid Axles.

I don't know if these guys do or not, but I have Insane Shafts in my turbo Civic. After trashing a stock CV early last year, I've abused the hell out of these Insane Shafts and they keep asking for more.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/20/10 1:21 p.m.

I thought you could just use H22a axles in this swap... I'd try some Prelude axles and see if they work. And if they don't, take them back. Axles don't take long to do on an EK anyways.

slowcamaro
slowcamaro New Reader
4/20/10 7:30 p.m.

Apparently the prelude axles are too long. I did a little more searching and came up with this...

"if you get an f-series intermediate shaft, you can use a stock 93 integra axle for the driver side, and for the passenger side you will need a 93 integra shaft and outer joint, with a prelude or accord inner joint. the integra inner joint will fit and lock, but pops out and leaks, some people get lucky, but most don't. if you cant get your hands on an f series intermediate shaft, then you will have to swap the inner joint of the driver side axle to a prelude inner joint in order for it to work"

and another source saying

"Axles, you can either use custom axles or stock 90-93 integra axles with an 92-95 prelude halfshaft. or you can use the inner joints off a prelude axle and put it on an 86-89 integra axle with an 90-93 accord halfshaft. I choosed to get custom axles just cuz they where avalible."

But by the time you get 2 or three sets of axles to put the piece together yourself, likely right there with the price of quality hybrid axles.

I guess the question now is do any of the hybrid axle builders offer a lifetime warranty on their product?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
riLVmlNCXyzEcuqzi8Q2mVV8jdSqCB8m2zodoEBpuU2R4mixdtdteX8SG8V2Y0zF