1 2 3
loumash
loumash New Reader
12/28/16 12:04 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

< 5k miles a year, garaged, not a daily driver. I have two modern cars that are my daily drivers.

Mister Fister
Mister Fister Reader
12/29/16 9:33 a.m.
The0retical wrote: I'm surprised the FD3S RX-7 didn't make that list. I'm sure it'll do nothing good for the Supra. I don't think it aged that well as fanbois seem to think, but it's like criticizing Kristie Alley's looks. Eventually you just need to accept that they're old.

In order to make the list there have to be examples of decent cars available. As someone who used to own an FD, and who recently was searching for another clean, unmodified FD, I can assure you there is no such thing anymore.

This makes them uncollectable in the eyes of collectors.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/16 9:49 a.m.

I am aware of a couple bone stock FDs. They, of course, are not for sale at any price.

I even saw a CYM that was stock down to still having the original wheels. The owner didn't know about the recall. Yes the wheels all had cracked spokes I think we spooked him, but then, driving around on time bombs is probably spook-worthy.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/16 4:57 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I am aware of a couple bone stock FDs. They, of course, are not for sale at any price. I even saw a CYM that was stock down to still having the original wheels. The owner didn't know about the recall. Yes the wheels all had cracked spokes I think we spooked him, but then, driving around on time bombs is probably spook-worthy.

There was a recall on the wheels? I've read about the fuel & radiator fan related ones, but didn't see anything about wheels.

Stock, unmolested FDs are definitely hard to find, but they do exist. I spent 6 months looking for mine, was hoping for a CYM but settled for a red Touring. In those six months I saw four cars in the US that were stock with < 60K miles, three of sold before I could get there, but I bought the fourth.

Mine was so stock that it still had the original, 23-year-old radiator in it. That has since been replaced. :)

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
12/29/16 5:14 p.m.

Seeing the out of the blue stupid money some range rover classics are getting, I'm surprised they aren't listed.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
12/30/16 7:13 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I never cared for that model Supra. I also cannot remember the last time I saw ANY supra moving under it's own power. I still see FD occasionally, and NSXs, but all the supras around here were sent to an early grave or are sitting in pieces in somebody's garage.

There seem to be a bunch of Supras around here of all generations, as they show up regularly to the local Cars & Coffee, both stock and modded.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
12/30/16 7:17 a.m.

The C5 may be a great performer and all, but of the last three generations, I lov the C6 Gran Sport convertibles the best. Especially in this color combo:

And the interior and general quality is better, too. So the headlights don't pop up. I don't care. Had my fill of wonky popups over the years.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/23 12:55 p.m.

Wow, a necrothread! Way to go Jordel! You only needed to post once to bring it back to life, though...

Is the E46M3 still a collectible buy? I don't believe they've gone up in price much in the last six years. I'm not sure any of the affordable cars on that list have.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
11/17/23 1:32 p.m.
rdcyclist said:

Is the E46M3 still a collectible buy? I don't believe they've gone up in price much in the last six years. I'm not sure any of the affordable cars on that list have.

Ummm... early Bronco.  Through the roof in the past 5 years!

Agree on the others for the most part.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/23 2:40 p.m.
bludroptop said:
rdcyclist said:

Ummm... early Bronco.  Through the roof in the past 5 years!

Agree on the others for the most part.

Yeah, that's cuz Icon started doing resto-mods of them, I think. It's not like they're a stellar off-road vehicle. FJ40's are quite a bit better in the rough stuff...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/23 5:25 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Yeah, some M coupes have already gone up. I was at this sale: $53,900 for a mint, non-sunroof M coupe.

Linky.

Look upon what you could buy an M Coupe for in 2016 and despair.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/23 5:25 p.m.
flatlander937 said:

I'd imagine BMW E60 M5s will appreciate upwards some point soon... the engines in those things are rowdy, and with CAFE getting stricter I think it's only a matter of time before stuff like that is no longer available(new).

This also aged well smiley

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
11/18/23 7:45 a.m.

Loved the e46m3 and e36m3 but with their pricing lately, no reason NOT to jump to an M2 IMO. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xqCELSpWHFgQqOnsNA8PjJgyc6tJ9ivms40IkZ18ZllALPiz6x7h39wJr9SOrZo7