DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
3/28/20 11:39 a.m.

I just saved $110 on a trailer from Harbor Freight.

The lower-load trailers are also on sale.

I found the coupon at www.go.harborfreight.com.  I was not able to find the coupons at their regular website.  There is a useful search function, too.

Thought ya'll might like to know.

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/28/20 1:14 p.m.

I really want to make a teardrop trailer, but I know I'm not good enough at wood working to make that happen.

pirate
pirate HalfDork
3/28/20 1:30 p.m.

If you do a Google search there are a number of plans (some free) plus there are companies that produce precut kits that you assemble.

djsilver
djsilver Reader
3/28/20 10:44 p.m.

That make me feel old.  I bought the same trailer when the MSRP was $229 and I got it on sale for $197 and free shipping! (~2002)  I still have it, but I gave it a coat of Rustoleum brush-on black and replaced my plywood floor 3 years ago.  I just got around to replacing the tires last year!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/20 11:05 p.m.

Seriously considered a teardrop trailer with that for years

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/29/20 1:50 p.m.

I have the 1720lb tilt trailer (doesn't fold) and it was the best $300 I've ever spent. Bought it $10 years ago and it works great for local hauling and dump runs.

if you're going to spend significant time on the highway, I'd look at something with 15" wheels.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
3/29/20 8:01 p.m.

This would be a much smarter option for me than an actual truck to haul backyard ish.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/29/20 9:03 p.m.
84FSP said:

This would be a much smarter option for me than an actual truck to haul backyard ish.

That's exactly what I use mine for - dump runs, HD runs, topsoil, gravel, stones, bricks, firewood, boulders, etc. I added a 3/4" sheet of pressure-treated plywood for the floor, and created a box that's around 3' high with an easily removable tailgate. I'll take some pics and post them. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/20 10:00 p.m.
Cactus said:

I really want to make a teardrop trailer, but I know I'm not good enough at wood working to make that happen.

Chesapeake Light Craft has an easy to build kit... well, sort of easy. Best to know how to play with epoxy and fibreglass first. It's all stitch built

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
3/30/20 4:02 a.m.

Just to chime in, I keep telling all sorts of people that a small trailer like this/Northern Equipment/TSC and a vehicle BESIDES a truck is a very practical setup.  Too many people think they need a truck for the two times a year they need mulch or one in 5 years to move a refrigerator... get a car/crossover etc with a hitch and a small trailer will take care of the rest. (heck dont even buy the trailer, rent it when you need it!)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
796ZEj4bHIMBAAXhtcnHLG8IOhsDiSlEvyfIpXBiUncxiGf07JDoMmWpHIWStcj0