Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/11 3:05 p.m.

I've decided I like having my head attached to my neck, so I've decided to pick up a HANS device. I'm having trouble deciding between the two types of anchors, though. Actually, I'm having trouble figuring out what the advantage of the post anchor is and why I wouldn't just go with the quick click.

Any experiences?

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
6/19/11 4:21 p.m.

no real advantage to post anchor... quick click is just the latest iteration of their anchor system... the quick click is pricier

Keith
6/19/11 10:36 p.m.

Thanks. Looks like the quick click isn't actually any more expensive on new devices, so that's how we'll go. Buying two at the same time (one for my navigator) is a bit of sticker shock though!

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
6/19/11 10:49 p.m.
Keith wrote: Buying two at the same time (one for my navigator) is a bit of sticker shock though!

Did you look at the prices of the carbon fibre professional model? Will make your head asplode! I like mine though, I feel it is less weight around that area so it does not add additional momentum during rollover/crash maneuvers...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/20/11 1:27 p.m.

I really like the way mine spreads the load of the harness. I feel locked in when I have it on.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
6/20/11 1:38 p.m.

If you have the chance to custom order the type of release, you want a quick release made by Tylaska. NOT cheap, but they are incredibly strong (America's Cup strong), and I've never seen one fail in the marine environment they operate in.

Some quick releases are cheapy chinese knockoffs. The rest of the helmet and HANS system is great, but they cheap out on the quick disconnects. And after all, it's only as strong as it's weakest link, and it literally is you neck. You at least want one made by Harken.

Keith
6/20/11 4:18 p.m.

Triumph, do you know what kind of releases HANS devices come with?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Hf0upOgepjtSUvsaRcpSzFeN0JHXvuYFVZPMifI6SXdCQLxAzJjxM5NVXQgVv0I