gszczyrbak
gszczyrbak GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/5/21 7:41 p.m.

I've been shopping online for race seats and no manufacturers provide dimensions for the harness pass through height from the seat cushion. Seems crazy to me that this isn't one of the standard measurements provided. 

Greg

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/21 7:58 p.m.

I thought this too when I was shopping for seats. It seems crazy to me too that one of the most iconic race car seats (Recaro Pole Position) has such small pass throughs as well. If the harness isn't supposed to touch anything on it's way through then that really limits the number of people that can use those seats safely.

At least the trend seems to be towards larger pass throughs that are more universal in who they fit.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/5/21 9:22 p.m.

Buyer beware.  Always check the dimensions from the supplier of your HANS device.   Usually the belts have to come in over your shoulders...

Your lap belts keep you from hitting the roof.  The shoulder straps are for forward restraint (and HANS).

In most cases the tech inspectors won't care,  But... your neck may thank you later, if you know what i mean.

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
2/5/21 11:26 p.m.

In reply to gszczyrbak :

What seat are you looking at?  I did a quick image search at random for a Recaro Pole Position seat, as well as Kirkey seats, and the dimensions are there.  OMP really doesn't show anything, though.  Haven't tried other seats, but if you're looking at the more common seats, the dimensions should be available, and not TOO much different between manufacturers.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s3GQHhJU5poL4cR2PUYcMDUVqduKtepH8zPpRjeoBH3QEQaEkzu6ErL77jUYCdiE