1 2
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/15 4:34 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
NOHOME wrote: Now that the deed is done, I am over it. Lesson learned. Not like this is a 2016 contender in the first place. As to the racer discounts, I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I am a builder and not all that interested in the competition aspect of this hobby. I have never been able to find my way around a cone course. Wrong brain wiring.
So look at it as two sorting weekends a year to get you better part access. I don't think there's a requirement to do *well* is there?

None at all. And track days count as well, even if you're a complete novice. They've really gone for the lowest possible definition.

It's not going to help Nohome in Canada, though, I don't think it crosses the border.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
12/3/15 4:49 p.m.

Sadly most of the FC RX7 catalog is outdated, but Mazda motorsports has EVERYTHING for Miatae.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/15 5:17 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: None at all. And track days count as well, even if you're a complete novice. They've really gone for the lowest possible definition. It's not going to help Nohome in Canada, though, I don't think it crosses the border.

Wait, track days count now? I thought that it had to be something with results?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/15 5:46 p.m.

Track days count now. They never made a big fuss about it and it's not fully propagated on the website, but it was announced in 2014. I think it has to be a recognized organization like NASA, although I'll bet you could get Speedventures or one of the other pro organizers approved. The Miatas at MRLS event counts.

http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MazdaStaticView?pageInfo=Team+Membership+Information&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/15 10:04 p.m.

Nice! Thanks for the info, Keith. I just submitted my registration for two track days, maybe I'll make the nice list to get back on and order my sweet, sweet OEM parts.

Who knows what I'm going to need as soon as I order that 1.8L conversion kit from you guys..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XVdZcJFKbPs8h0pYWKUeMZe8hvRgLs1unaWNjxXJqkG9lp64Uwr4npBslETk2BIQ