1 2 3 4 5 6
Opti
Opti Dork
5/4/22 10:00 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

My C5 got a ton of attention. My 4th gen got attention from other 4th gen owners, and generally only to try and set up a race.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
5/4/22 10:07 p.m.

not sure how rare, but an 01 330ci 5 speed seems fairly desirable based on what others have said.  I had a 323GTX, a Matrix XRS 6 speed, C3 Corvette......

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/22 10:08 p.m.

Both of my track/fun cars are oddballs.

My racecar is an '87 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 "Cosworth." All the expense and maintenance of an E30 M3 with 0% of the aftermarket support. My new hillclimb car is a '94 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Evolution II. Again, practically zero support for this platform; and whatever information you can find is in Japanese. 

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/5/22 2:02 p.m.

Desirable...meh but it is pretty rare. Less than 300 made with 3 pedals.

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/7/22 6:11 a.m.

Pretty rare and unusual in my neck of the woods. 1939 RR Wraith Park Ward Limo, WXA-99. One of the last cars they rolled out before WWII. 
It has an electric divider, suspension oiling from the driver's seat ...it had onboard hydraulic jacks which someone unfortunately removed at some point. 
It is a precise machine and fun to turn a wrench on. 

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/7/22 7:19 a.m.

my 2001 tacoma flare side , I've seen 3 in 20 years and only 1 that was a 2wd . 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/7/22 11:33 a.m.
footinmouth said:

That looks great!

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
5/7/22 12:16 p.m.

My 76 CVCC wasn't rare when made but not many around now. This one has a very high winding 11:1 D16Z6, lsd, BCR's, 4x100 & home brew rear discs.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/22 12:32 p.m.

I have a 1969 Triumph GT6. I'm not sure if it qualifies as rare, but certainly not common.

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
5/7/22 1:30 p.m.

My  submission.

Pretty rare - less than 3000 coupes made for N America. Desirable? People seem to love or hate the styling.

LanEvo
5/7/22 4:12 p.m.

In reply to sevenracer :

Put me down in the "love it" column

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/7/22 4:32 p.m.
jh36 said:

Pretty rare and unusual in my neck of the woods. 1939 RR Wraith Park Ward Limo, WXA-99. One of the last cars they rolled out before WWII. 
It has an electric divider, suspension oiling from the driver's seat ...it had onboard hydraulic jacks which someone unfortunately removed at some point. 
It is a precise machine and fun to turn a wrench on. 

Beautiful!

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/7/22 9:23 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Thank you!  I feel fortunate to be watching over her. She oozes of history and uncompromised design. The tolerances on it are amazing. I would enjoy showing any GRM'er a tour of her. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/7/22 10:03 p.m.
LanEvo said:

Both of my track/fun cars are oddballs.

My racecar is an '87 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 "Cosworth." All the expense and maintenance of an E30 M3 with 0% of the aftermarket support. 

Love the cosworth and love that somebody is racing it. It's such a good looking sedan!

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
5/7/22 11:49 p.m.

73 Mini Innocenti 1300 Export, Belgian built -  rare - well, now maybe. Not many made and few survive. Desirable? I think so anyway.....

Green one in the background is also somewhat rare, also Belgian built, but for the German market. Both LHD

sergio
sergio HalfDork
5/8/22 4:59 p.m.

Last year of the FB. 85 GSLSE

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/22 5:43 p.m.
footinmouth said:

Today I learned these existed. Neat truck. 

infernosg
infernosg Reader
5/9/22 3:30 p.m.

Mazda made hundreds of thousands of 1st gen RX7s but I've always thought of the first two years as rarer. Lots of incremental changes make the early cars interesting/unique. The 79s got the ancient points ignition whereas you could get the LS trim in 1980. I'm told mine is somewhat rare being Spark Yellow and having no sunroof despite being the GS trim. Desireable? Not sure about that as these cars have a somewhat dubious reputation outside of the rotary scene. Mine is a very early VIN from the first month of production, though (March '78).

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
5/9/22 7:08 p.m.

Today was beautiful in upstate NY and VT.  I had business in Brandon, VT.  I drove from Elizabethtown, NY to Brandon. Stopped in Middlebury for A&W lunch. I drove a car that I built almost 20 years ago.  It has a 4 inch round tube based frame, C4 Corvette suspension, Chevy ZZ4  engine (has Vortec heads now) and a body that my buddies and I shaped, made molds and the fiberglass body.

I had a good day!  

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
5/10/22 1:05 a.m.

I've got a rare car that is desirable. The problem is that it's so rare that it's only desirable to a few people. It seems to have mostly avoided the spike in interest in '80's and '90's cars, despite being the rally homologation special cousin to one of the more popular tuner cars of the '90's. 

My Subaru Legacy GT Wagon falls into pretty much the same camp. Rare one year only turbo wagon, but the only thing super rare about it is the transmission choice. Unlike the Galant VR4 where pretty much everything under the sheet metal is different than a regular Galant, including the unibody. 

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/10/22 7:11 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Thank you and  I'm the only truck at track days.

LanEvo
5/10/22 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

There's a Galant VR-4 that's been sitting in the lot of a local gas station for the last 3-4 years. I've offered to buy it twice, and the owner snapped at me like he was offended I was asking. I'll try again one last time this summer.

IKR
IKR New Reader
6/22/22 12:39 p.m.

I just had to hang on to my 1990 Integra. While I could pass smog at tailpipe and had all the smog equipment functioning  my 1990-91 B16A JDM motor was called out by the smogman. I have a built 1992-93 GSR engine (B17A) that I'll drop in this summer. I love the car no matter what but I'll attend Radwood and other car events to share it with others as I'm curious to see if there's interest in this model. 

nedc
nedc Reader
6/22/22 1:28 p.m.

1993 Mercedes 600sl. Been in the family for a while- now it's my turn to take care of it. Had/has the usual for the year crumbling insulation on the wiring. Most of it has been replaced/repaired. Working on the lower engine harness now. Hopefully she'll be fully sorted after that.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
6/22/22 1:36 p.m.

Just about everything I have owned is more or less rare. Not sure why as I have owned a few mass market cars in the past.

Current fleet is 09 Pontiac Solstice coupe (<300 made with manual trans, total production 1270), BMW Z4M coupe, Jensen Interceptor Mk 3, rebodied (Jamaican) 56 MGA, MGA Mk 2 coupe, and 58 MGA Twin Cam race car.

Sold when we downsized - 1965 Jensen CV8 (plastic body, big block Chrysler, 500 made), Lamborghini Islero S (100 made) , 88 Fiero GT, 69 MGC.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5lj8X7wzPy0OHHkvNTHC3Il16zbqp92Ab0YGbiBZU0lS5UK2O0kcrXnB7Zn5tegm