1 2 3 ... 5
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/19/21 10:45 a.m.

The ingredients needed to make a sticker are rather simple: vinyl, glue, ink and a backing material. Then there’s the magical pixie dust, the artwork that gives a sticker life, value and meaning.

Who among us hasn’t attached something special to a sticker? Exactly: zero.

It’s how we show support, remember events, and tell the world about ourselves. My wife, …

Read the rest of the story

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/19/21 11:16 a.m.

As soon as I get home I will post my vintage 80's mini collection ... or what my mom did not throw away. 

David S. Wallens
5/19/21 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Please share. Remember those prism BMX stickers from the '70s? I have a ton of those--like, the full inventory from a shop that went out of business in the mid '80s. One day I need to photograph and share. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/19/21 1:18 p.m.

I used up the majority of my sticker collection a few weeks ago on the exposed wheel well in the van. 

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/19/21 1:34 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to Slippery :

Please share. Remember those prism BMX stickers from the '70s? I have a ton of those--like, the full inventory from a shop that went out of business in the mid '80s. One day I need to photograph and share. 

Had a bunch of those that you would get out of the little coin slide machines at the skating rink as a kid

David S. Wallens
5/19/21 1:58 p.m.

My latest sticker project. 

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
5/19/21 2:43 p.m.

I'm weirdly hesitant to actually use stickers, like if I stick them to a car then the car will someday go away and I'll lose my sticker along with it. Or the laptop will break and my sticker will be wasted, etc.

That said, I think I'm going to start putting stickers on parts that could be transferred to another car, like a spoiler or something.

Here's some of the ones I picked up recently from OHOAT (I know David will know):

David S. Wallens
5/19/21 3:00 p.m.

Ha, I ordered one of those same stickers. Plus I have Syd's stickers on the M3. 

pirate
pirate HalfDork
5/19/21 3:03 p.m.

Well the beer fridge is the target out in the shop.

David S. Wallens
5/19/21 3:05 p.m.

It's a long story, but everyone needs a brick of Vans stickers, right? 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/19/21 7:25 p.m.

I have a box full of run of the mill stickers, but a bunch of oddball and vintage bike stuff. But here's some car stickers

This is my porting vac. I have different attachments for different size ports. After I sold my first house I drove by one day and saw it at the curb so, knowing how well it always worked, I scooped it. It has to be at least 40 years old and still works great.

These are really cool. The material is like chrome and the individual stickers pull out. 

That's my buddy's Metro on the tech stickers. I set a record in that car

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/19/21 7:28 p.m.

Stuck on my kid's head, thanks to some very good people here.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
5/19/21 7:48 p.m.

Reminds me of when I took the Merc wagon on BABE8 and everyone kept adding window stickers along the way.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/19/21 8:30 p.m.

This was as of a few years ago. There are more now:

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/20/21 7:54 a.m.

They really do turn into a visible personal history. I'd love to throw this toolbox away but don't want to loose the stickers!

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/20/21 8:28 a.m.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/20/21 8:42 a.m.

Could not find the little box. Its there somewhere, but found one of them:

EricM
EricM SuperDork
5/20/21 10:32 a.m.

I work in IT, but here is where we keep our Wiha tools.

flynbryan86
flynbryan86 GRM+ Member
5/21/21 6:45 p.m.

First post so not sure if my pic is loading correctly but my sticker fridge can be seen behind the suspended rear suspension. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/21 10:28 p.m.

The toolbox is the only current cluster. Every skateboard, helmet, car, bike, and bass drum head was filled up until I hit 30 though. Ha!

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/22/21 12:12 p.m.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
5/22/21 1:54 p.m.

I had the young men at the last autocross apply a million stickers to the front of the Zoomboni.  Amazon sells piles of band stickers for super cheap.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/22/21 1:54 p.m.

I have some all over:

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/22/21 3:12 p.m.

corolla2tcte27
corolla2tcte27 New Reader
5/22/21 4:07 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I put some of my stickers on magnetic material from Walmart so that I could remove them when I needed to.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6vMH9l6C1y2mYmXS28kTlQ8kuG7FADfp1G2HD5lVku8LZou5ZArxNi8YMQTMl6a3