Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/22/21 8:43 a.m.
feature_image

If you haven’t checked out our 1962 Elva Mk VI project yet over at Classic Motorsports, why not?

So far, we’ve covered how to repair fiberglass, how to mount a fiberglass body to a frame, and how to prepare parts for media blasting and powder coating.

And, for what’s it’s worth, this Elva even ran at the …

Read the rest of the story

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/21 12:10 p.m.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to know before tackling the Free GRM Europa project. I'll probably watch the video a few more times before even touching the grinder.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/21 12:23 p.m.

You can almost smell the Fiberglas in th air.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/22/21 1:09 p.m.
noddaz said:

You can almost smell the Fiberglas in th air.

Yup.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
2/22/21 1:20 p.m.

The more work it takes to resurrect this car the less jealous I am of your having it.

OK OK who am I kidding I'm insanely jealous as they are such cool cars.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/22/21 6:22 p.m.

I think there's just something really cool about restoring a car with verifiable history behind it. 

And maybe it really is possible to do for not-crazy money when you think about all the different ex-race shells out there combined with vast photo/information databases like the Collier collection.

With the internet the car doesn't have to come with documentation-you have a shot at rebuilding it's history with the now-digitized records.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/23/21 12:14 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Yeah, it's cool when a car has some history behind it. Every car has a story, right? The trick can be finding it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nvGd1U6iz8fDQWJ1FKQPlhLYvZVbU3YyCNa9TWIJ2S5nEWk3LLKaN4eOkM70AIDg