problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
10/24/09 6:41 p.m.

I heard about this and have been doing some searching on various diy EFI sites, but can't find any formulas, recipes, or wikis. Its tedious to search through all the forums.

Then i figured someone here may have heard about it and could direct me to a site with a simple explanation.

So basically, i've found many posts about the hackability of Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle ECU's. And i've seen hints of it being employed as a standalone EFI system.

Can anyone verify and point me in the proper direction?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/24/09 7:00 p.m.

I'm gonna say that unless you have a 'busa and are already good at hacking it, your best bet would be: Megasquirt.

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
10/24/09 7:08 p.m.

It's about as useful as any hackable ECU - i.e. Hondata. The hard part about using an OEM ECU as a hacked standalone for a different application is that they are usually locked into a specific set of sensors - unlike most aftermarket programable ECUs.

If the sensors you plan on using work in the same range as the 'Busa sensors, I'd say go for it.

ronbros
ronbros Reader
10/24/09 7:38 p.m.

i heard about the coils bein used

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
10/25/09 9:02 a.m.

If the emails I get at work are any indication, the Hayabusa ECU is probably tied with the CBR600 ECU as most likely motorcycle engine management to get tossed out and replaced with an aftermarket standalone.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/25/09 2:12 p.m.

There, see? Everyone is throwing away the busa ECU and megasquirting that suckah, so there's all these left over busa ECUs laying around. What an opportunity! Wait. Something isn't right with that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Iw45bKwBUPWYBPreyPczBcEC4aCeHSR6yO3XXgcl2Gcobgeehz1jlUKlfvNXQWws