1 2 3
Aaron_Povoledo
Aaron_Povoledo New Reader
9/1/11 11:02 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

Hey JG, good question - do you mind if I use it as one of the questions in my next PRN column? To answer though: I think I match up very well with the personality of my C30, in many ways. For starters it is very strong under braking and as a driver that has always liked to fill the friction circle during corner entry this suits me well. We have some epic "street fighting" moment in W.C. - especially on opening laps when often I find myself defending the lead from a chasing TC pack, but at the same time being forced to mix it up with the tail enders of the GTS field - not an easy task! Being able to go super late on the brakes to fend off those darn Honda's that weigh a lot less is very very important. Where our brakes become a tactical advantage on lap one is when I can dive bomb a GTS Camaro or Mustang and put that car between myself and P2 in the TC class for a few corners! As for what I am always adjusting to be happier I'd have to say that has been a moving target this season. The car is so new we have been forced to do a huge amount of development on the fly....at the track. It is not uncommon for us to be seen making spring changes during a practice session! Dax (Raub, my engineer) joke with each other "hey why not try another big change...it's only qualifying!!" It is one of the most rewarding aspects of working with K-PAX Racing - the depth of engineering brain power and the willingness to try new things. I am in absolute heaven there. We have done more set up changes this season than I have done in the last 5yrs put together - and not only have I learned a ton but it is also why the car has become so strong so soon. We do take a lot of set up gambles, but they are always educated ones and more often than not they prove beneficial. Having an engineer that is not afraid to explore vast avenues has been a key to understanding the car as much as we already do.

Aaron_Povoledo
9/1/11 11:05 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Woo Hoo! Thanks David, it was an intense race during an intense weekend!!

Aaron_Povoledo
9/1/11 11:08 p.m.

In reply to Joshua:

I absolutely will pass the message on. You gotta see the new K-PAX Racing edition C30...it goes on sale later this year....bad ass! Wish i could help getting you a nearby dealer!

Aaron_Povoledo
9/1/11 11:12 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

HELL NO!@#$% Sorry brother I love my car and my team WAY too much to want a day off! I'm already having end of season sadness syndrome cause we only have two races left.... On the other hand - I got a ton of mail that needs opening, bills to pay and a much neglected apartment that needs cleaning so if you really want to pitch you are welcome to it!!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/2/11 10:03 a.m.
Aaron_Povoledo wrote: In reply to pinchvalve: HELL NO!@#$% Sorry brother I love my car and my team WAY too much to want a day off! I'm already having end of season sadness syndrome cause we only have two races left.... On the other hand - I got a ton of mail that needs opening, bills to pay and a much neglected apartment that needs cleaning so if you really want to pitch you are welcome to it!!

Fantastic answer!

Aaron_Povoledo
9/2/11 10:01 p.m.

In reply to Rusted_Busted_Spit:

That's an awesome story - please tell you boy I say hello. If you want to shoot me you mailing address I'll do see if I can dig up any K-PAX stuff to send out to him! email me if you like at povoledo@gmail.com

Aaron

ps - here is a link to a little video recap of that race http://www.vimeo.com/28202603

VLV4LF
VLV4LF New Reader
9/4/11 12:09 a.m.

Another nice win!!!

Aaron_Povoledo
9/7/11 2:26 p.m.

In reply to VLV4LF:

Cheers!!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners