1 2
Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
5/29/17 9:46 p.m.

I went with the DeWalt 20V system a couple of years ago and I'm happy. The 1/2" impact is a bit bulky but the little 1/4" impact is incredibly capable. I use it for everything short of wheel nuts. I have the circular saw and sawsall too. I like the one battery system.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/17 7:19 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to pinchvalve: If it wasn't for their crappy batteries, I'd still be using them. Great tools, supported by a unbelievably crappy battery system. After having 4 of them fail, at $90 a pop, on the job, the drill and impact went in the trash and I bought a Rigid with a lifetime battery warranty.

That' good to know before I get too far down that road. I'm just a casual user, so hopefully I won't have issues.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/30/17 9:39 a.m.

Milwaukee Tools just sent over a 1/2 inch Mid-Torque Impact Wrench, and a Variable Speed 7" cordless buffer. Both tools are part of their M18 Fuel Line, which has over 125 different items.

Milwaukee M18 Fuel Tools

Look for a reviews in GRM and CMS soon!

M18 Fuel Impact Wrench

M18 Variable Speed Polisher

I love the Milwaukee Sawlzaw I've had for over 20 years. I'm looking forward to trying these out.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/30/17 11:44 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to pinchvalve: If it wasn't for their crappy batteries, I'd still be using them. Great tools, supported by a unbelievably crappy battery system. After having 4 of them fail, at $90 a pop, on the job, the drill and impact went in the trash and I bought a Rigid with a lifetime battery warranty.
That' good to know before I get too far down that road. I'm just a casual user, so hopefully I won't have issues.

In my experience, it can sometimes be more of a problem when the tools don't get used much and the batteries go dead from lack of use. At least with NiCad batteries. Maybe Lithium Ion is better.

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
5/30/17 8:18 p.m.

+1 for Milwaukee M12. I have them at home and at work. The newer fuel batteries are a lot better than the original M12 and even the "red". So if you go that route, make sure you get the fuel batteries. M18 stuff is nice too, but its all considerably heavier which is an issue for most of the work I'm doing. I find myself using the M12 1/4" impact all the time. I'll probably be adding the ratchet in the near future. The 1/2" M12 hammer drill is unbelievable. Nearly every plumber, electrician, HVAC and carpenter I've had in the office has had and raved about that drill.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/17 8:41 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Don't run them completely dead. They will probably last forever.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
5/30/17 9:39 p.m.

I currently have the Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 in. Impact gun 2763-20 rated at 700 ft.lbs. forward and 1100 ft.lbs. reverse and it's awesome! I just got the bare tool and just bought 2 generic XC 5.0 batteries and a charger separately and have no problems so far.

I also just ordered the bare 3/8 in. gun 2754-20 rated at 210 ft.lbs. Later on I'd like to get the drill then maybe the cut off tool, sawzall, and ratchet.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vuSWDXQahCFEHuEcNgeSOBHTf1lxmDdLN6hNJtCm2zaQ4ZOnXseODm4MbCk9Drqh