SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/1/12 3:32 p.m.

I'm looking to upsize the wheels on my Alfa from the stock 15's to a 16" of some sort. The problem is that I'm one picky motherberkeleyer, and there aren't exactly billions of options in 4x108 with a 25mm-ish offset. What there is out there is mostly way-too-modern Ford Focus stuff, which is just bleugh on an Alfa.

If it comes down to it I will probably run Panasports or Rota RBs, but I don't think they go too well with the S3 Quadrifoglio styling. What I would REALLY like to find is a sharp Daytona or phone dial-style set of wheels, but as far as I can tell, they don't exist in 16" form - except for ACTUAL Ferrari Daytona wheels, which are even the right offset, but the 5-lug pattern (not to mention the extravagant cost) makes those a little unlikely. Overseas, Alfa had plenty of cool phone dials in my size, but not my bolt pattern.

What I want:

Does such a wheel exist, or is there at least something more suitable out there?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
6/1/12 3:39 p.m.

Bogart Mach 1? Kind of phone dial ish.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/12 3:48 p.m.

That top one sure looks like a Fittipaldi. Or close enough that it would work if you can find the bolt pattern.

What else is 4x108?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/12 3:51 p.m.

Ha! Look what I found. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/anyone-identify-these-wheels/31088/page1/

Fittipaldis and Fox Mustangs go together like cheese on bread.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/12 3:53 p.m.

I was going to suggest alfaholics.. but all their rims seem to stop at 15"

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
6/1/12 3:54 p.m.

I like the top ones, but don't think the fittipaldis are close enough. The top ones look like Campy's?

Maybe not, but the search for Campagnolo's came up with these, which I like:

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/1/12 4:18 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote: I like the top ones, but don't think the fittipaldis are close enough. The top ones look like Campy's?

The top ones are Cromodoras, I believe - and they just look awesome, totally Italian IMO.

You're right, the Fittipaldi (and Bogart) style are close, but not quite right - something about the grooved spokes on the Daytonas in particular just does it for me. The Bogarts look kinda muscle car-y, IMO (though they might look better without chrome).

I actually found out that my second picture is from a guy who supposedly can make SZ-style phone dials in 16-18" sizes with 7-10" widths with your choice of offset, bolt pattern, etc to order. I sent him an e-mail for curiosity's sake (16x7's, ET25, 4x108), but I have a feeling they will cost significantly more than I paid for the car http://www.81x.com/alfasz18/wheels/

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/1/12 4:37 p.m.

Cromodora Daytona. Hands down, bar none.

WhiteLX
WhiteLX New Reader
6/1/12 4:53 p.m.

pics of said Alfa?

Fox body Mustang wheels are usually in the 20-25mm offset range and 4x108.

Check with ESM wheels. They have a variety of styles in 4x108 with 25mm or so offsets. They may even be able to drill or machine some to fit, so it is worth a call if you like a set of wheels. http://www.esmwheels.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NgUK1H3s6HkPjlIjPyIbug1qh0TFB41lkHEUsv5GP6VGclZYUnwdj4kELJQeZeFg