1 2 3 4
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/1/17 10:20 a.m.

Who wants to make some magazines with me? Plus there’s other fun stuff to do, like work on websites, support other departments and, yes, play with cars.

No, don’t worry: I’m not leaving. However, I do know enough history and biology to realize that I won’t live forever. I’m not the Highlander, haven’t found the fountain of youth and, although …

Read the rest of the story

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/1/17 10:44 a.m.

David,
What are the instructions for downloading your new App?
I ask because I know that this help wanted ad is the subject of your current column in the newest issue.

PS: on the GRM website I can easily find links to your Newsletter as well as FB and Twitter but I see no link to "download our app"

PSS: maybe that is because you are short staffed and need to bring on some additional help, ha.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/17 10:53 a.m.

Semi colons don't get cancer.

Good luck with the search, if I was more of a cunning linguist, I'd throw my hat into the ring.

I hope G-Body Man steps forward.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/17 11:04 a.m.

Oooh, someone like Lesley would be awesome for this. Anyway, I've shared it to faceballs, hopefully you can find a great addition to the crew.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/1/17 11:22 a.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621:

To get the new app, search the app store for Grassroots Motorsports and download it. Then you just sign in with your email address and zip code.

The reason a call-to-action isn't on the site at launch is because there is no browser-based version for the new app, but all subscripers were sent an email with login instructions. But because of your feedback I think we could do with another news item with instructions. Thanks.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/1/17 11:31 a.m.

Sounds like an awesome job. I can't relocate, don't keep up with the news, have a terrible attitude, and am only somewhat literate, but I use; a ton; of semicolons; and I think I would be perfect fit. When can I start?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
2/1/17 11:38 a.m.

It sounds like a dream job for me, but relocating is a sticking point for me.

And I'm not terribly photogenic.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/17 12:21 p.m.

I am presently eligible for retirement from my current position, and I could pay off my mortgage by selling all of my snow removal equipment on Craigslist. Were it not for a delightful eight year old who is firmly entrenched in an outstanding school system, I'd be at your door and pestering you until the local sheriff (possibly my cousin) was asking me to leave, with nothing but a Taser between us.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
2/1/17 12:38 p.m.

Spoken by Taggert in Blazing Saddles Twenty Dollar Whore

What do I win?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/1/17 12:43 p.m.

I nominate Wally.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
2/1/17 12:45 p.m.
Woody wrote: I am presently eligible for retirement from my current position, and I could pay off my mortgage by selling all of my snow removal equipment on Craigslist. Were it not for a delightful eight year old who is firmly entrenched in an outstanding school system, I'd be at your door and pestering you until the local sheriff (possibly my cousin) was asking me to leave, with nothing but a Taser between us.

For what it's worth, most of us live in the next town north of Holly Hill, which is Ormond Beach. It boasts a great school system and is, at least in our opinion, a very nice place to live.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/17 12:48 p.m.

Another person uselessly observing that relocation makes it a nonstarter. Please take that to mean that you guys are awesome enough that something like this is compelling to a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be lamenting the inability to move to Ormond Beach or thereabouts. That is, I mean it as a compliment, not a whine. :)

LostJeepGuy
LostJeepGuy New Reader
2/1/17 12:52 p.m.

Mazduece and his witty, inspirational, delusional and purely awesome talents would fit in here... With or without application. He should be considered as a remote contributor lol

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/1/17 1:06 p.m.

Good luck and here's hoping you find the right person for the position. A great opportunity for the right person.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 1:12 p.m.
LostJeepGuy wrote: Mazduece and his witty, inspirational, delusional and purely awesome talents would fit in here... With or without application. He should be considered as a remote contributor lol

Mazdeuce is firmly entrenched as the support staff to his own little enterprise here in Texas. He also writes in the third person, which is weird.
In all seriousness, I'm not sure I have the chops to write in a non-interactive environemnt. Sitting down at a computer and writing for a job is much harder than stacking boxes of hydraulic lifters for entertainment.
I'm stopping by GRM world headquarters this spring and I'll bring a resume, just in case.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
2/1/17 1:30 p.m.

It's actually surprisingly similar–the main thing is passion and give-a-E36 M3. We fake the rest.

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer Reader
2/1/17 1:34 p.m.

Wow, I might have to look into this....relocating is what prevented me from going to work for Flying Miata, but that is because they are not in Florida. I want very much to move to Florida! Already in the automotive industry, but this part is not as fun as what you describe. Been a Subscriber to GRM since 1991 and Classic since it started, and there was no 98 Miata, at least not in the states. I already knew that since I've owned a 94 R package since new and it is highly modded all of which I've done myself. I'll have to show this thread to the wife and see what she thinks.

Chris Rummel

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 1:43 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: It's actually surprisingly similar–the main thing is passion and give-a-E36 M3. We fake the rest.

That sounds surprisingly like parenting. Ask your dad, he knows what I mean.

Best of luck in your hunt. You guys ever need magazine filler with a touch of whimsy, you know where to find me.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
2/1/17 1:50 p.m.

If only I weren't still 15 years from retirement. Had the writing skill. And most likely a host of other reasons.....

But moving to florida sounds nice. Messing about with cars is fun.

Probably the biggest selling point is the fame and fortune that comes with being in the public eye! Does the GRM staff arrive at work in stretch limos? Do they sip chardonnay during their breaks? Is the company washroom fit for royal visitors?

captdownshift
2/1/17 2:11 p.m.

Also, as for the ability to use my tongue prettier than a $20 whore, please see my references, specifically Amy.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/1/17 2:25 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: Also, as for the ability to use my tongue prettier than a $20 whore, please see my references, specifically Amy.

I'm not clear how the fact that Amy knows how to use her tongue means anything about how well you can use yours...

captdownshift
2/1/17 2:39 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

you get discounts if you service them as well, or well...they'll at least stamp your club card twice.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/1/17 2:54 p.m.

Hmmmm

Willing to relocate, journalism degree, nearly a decade as a Tech Writer, with track experience on 2 and 4 wheels, engine swaps, etc.

Intriguing.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 2:55 p.m.
T.J. wrote:
captdownshift wrote: Also, as for the ability to use my tongue prettier than a $20 whore, please see my references, specifically Amy.
I'm not clear how the fact that Amy knows how to use her tongue means anything about how well you can use yours...

I'm 99% certain when the ad above said "Knows Us" this is exactly what they were taking about.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/17 3:18 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

If tasers are like the stun gun some friends and I made if you build up a bit of adrenaline the first shot doesn't hurt too much but if they have a second it stings something fierce. I'd certainly take it over another high velocity potato to the back.

In reply to Duke:

I'd hate to give up this frigid weather and high taxes for year round sunshine.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0K1SEmmguiStbeHDXMfqRvyj2RMBHngmsNdHHodGALyoeVulFZ8yAY9fjjD4eIMU