spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
2/1/17 3:33 p.m.
Duke wrote: I nominate Wally.

I second that nomination.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
2/1/17 5:40 p.m.

Man, I would love to work for GRM! If 'ya ever need a person that builds crazy stuff..... I'm that guy:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
2/1/17 6:08 p.m.

I'm in just for the Chinese buffet.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/1/17 6:18 p.m.

I had to google Holly Hill and my wife is from Deland, I had no idea it was between daytona and ormond- best of luck with finding a new employee

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
2/1/17 6:18 p.m.

I know cars, 1 out of 7 ain't bad right?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/1/17 6:28 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:

His bus of the month column would be epic.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/17 7:42 p.m.

If only my boat were finished, I would be there! Sunshine, sailing to the Bahamas for vacation, and even those pesky hurricanes. Sounds like paradise to me.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/17 8:51 p.m.

I was actually considering a career change. Moving my kid out of middle school is giving me pause in terms of applying, though.

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
2/2/17 1:48 p.m.

As someone who has been writing for car sites for a couple years and is trying to advance his career in that direction, this is very much up my alley. Unfortunately, I doubt that it would qualify me to get a work visa. If you ever open up a Great White North branch...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/17 1:53 p.m.

In reply to bigev007:

كنت غرامة طويلة كما كنت غير قادر على قراءة هذا.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/17 2:30 p.m.

I have a bad feeling about this new addition to the team. Spontaneous Combustion. Gardening Accidents.

bigev007
bigev007 Reader
2/2/17 3:02 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to bigev007: كنت غرامة طويلة كما كنت غير قادر على قراءة هذا.

Of course I can't read...I mean, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/17 4:37 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
spitfirebill wrote:
His bus of the month column would be epic.

They're expensive, have powerful turbocharged engines mounted out back, and pick up women everywhere. It's like a 40 foot Porsche but harder to spin.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/17 4:40 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: If only my boat were finished, I would be there! Sunshine, sailing to the Bahamas for vacation, and even those pesky hurricanes. Sounds like paradise to me.

Think how much easier it would be to finish the boat in the Florida weather!

Besides, you could park it on your property and none of your neighbors in Florida would bat and eye!

:)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/2/17 5:59 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:

Thirded.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/2/17 6:37 p.m.

Quattroed!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/2/17 6:39 p.m.
bigev007 wrote: As someone who has been writing for car sites for a couple years and is trying to advance his career in that direction, this is very much up my alley. Unfortunately, I doubt that it would qualify me to get a work visa. If you ever open up a Great White North branch...

Maybe you could be our anchor baby?

TurboFocus
TurboFocus New Reader
2/5/17 3:28 a.m.

If I weren't in the middle of a contract I'd give this a 'what the hell' whirl.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
2/5/17 7:11 a.m.

Hey, give it a whirl either way. Like David's column said, we want to hire somebody for life. This isn't a resume builder or a fun summer gig. This is a career with lots of advancement potential and a company that wants you to stay and be happy.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/17 7:54 a.m.

Have you considered expanding into New England?

D2W
D2W Reader
2/6/17 7:32 p.m.

No journalistic qualifications, and some days my give a E36 M3 is surprisingly low. Hell, I'm not even a Dork yet, but my 4 letter vocabulary is quite impressive.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/6/17 9:21 p.m.
Woody wrote: Have you considered expanding into New England?

That would make it easier for me to harass the staff.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/6/17 9:49 p.m.

This is the closest ive been yet to grm, and I still can't make it work. Swmbo is too tied to the mouse right now to get out of Orlando. Plus, readership would probably crater. I would dominate beard growing, so there is that.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/7/17 2:38 p.m.

I made sure a friend and fellow board member was on top of getting an application in, and he is. One might think I'm just looking for an inside line on extra Dork stickers, which I am, but I also think there's the potential for some very good chemistry and hard work.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
2/7/17 8:03 p.m.

The closest I've been to you was Orlando, which I despised. If you can give me a pinkie promise that your location is SO much nicer than Orlando I'll apply and knock your socks off. :)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xGlj9RMdcq0X4NCSm10qZwR9TjbWLU06TsSOGtcbd1kD7qxghBM5w0GcB5ZWEVrx