1 2 3
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
11/17/20 9:00 p.m.
feature_image

Fresh for 2022, here is the prototype for the 11th generation Honda Civic.

In addition to the new Solar Flare Pearl paint color, the prototype also features an all-digital dash and an “upgraded suite of Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technologies.”

Before you start to worry, however, Honda has assured that the new Civic lineup will include “the sporty and …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/17/20 9:20 p.m.

And my wife wants the Si. She has a 2014 Si sedan now. Before that, a 2000 Si. So, we can keep the trend going. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 9:20 p.m.

Looking forward to seeing the new CTR hatch 

boxedfox (Forum Supporter)
boxedfox (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/17/20 9:27 p.m.

A long time ago, one of my closest college friends told me that the new Civic always looks like the Accord that came before it.

It's been 18 years since he said that, and Honda is continuing to prove him right.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
11/17/20 9:31 p.m.

In reply to boxedfox (Forum Supporter) :

I notice that about this one for sure. It is also a lot easier on my eyes than 2020, but they will never be prettier than an EG.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/17/20 9:32 p.m.

Is it me, or does it look a lot like an Audi A3 from the back?

All-new Audi S3 hatch and saloon arrive | CAR Magazine

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/20 9:36 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

it looks very German, a friend made the comment it looks more BMW than the new 3 series does..

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/17/20 9:40 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

it looks very German, a friend made the comment it looks more BMW than the new 3 series does..

My initial reaction to the front end was that it looked very VW as well. 

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
11/17/20 9:45 p.m.

It looks much better than the current transformers style Civic.  And thank goodness that it doesn't have an enormous grill or fake vents plastered all over.  

I appreciate Honda letting the adults style this generation of Civic because high school study hall did a bad job with the last version.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/17/20 9:48 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I prefer the EF heart

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/17/20 10:09 p.m.

This car looks fantastic. They absolutely nailed the design! I honestly thought it was something German and expensive at first. Can't wait to see the hatch and the sportier variants. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/17/20 10:18 p.m.

The giant screen sticking out of the dash looks like an aftermarket after thought. Needs to be pushed down out of the line of sight for less distraction. Other wise I like the clean and simple interior. There's a little Cadillac in those rear 1/4s too. Lets hope for a proper 2 door in the mix!

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
11/17/20 10:29 p.m.

It looks like the Audi had a baby with a Scion TC

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
11/17/20 10:37 p.m.

Civic SI needs to come back as a hatch plain and simple.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/20 11:57 p.m.

I see a lot of BMW in that shot, myself 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/18/20 12:19 a.m.

I see a lot of Plymouth Prowler in the design language. wink

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/18/20 5:03 a.m.

It looks clean. I also see some strong VW-Audi style themes on the exterior. The interior looks like a cross between VW and Miata.  The steering wheel jumped out of our Golf. Mazda places the information screen high on the dash with pretty minimal clutter. 

We might be in the market for a new car by 2023 or thereabouts so this is good. 

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/18/20 5:54 a.m.
dxman92 said:

I still think the EM1 Coupe Si is the best looking Civic ever made. It just flowed so well and that blue color was stunning. Im also a sucker for the B16.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
11/18/20 6:12 a.m.

Looks good and thank goodness there will still be "cars" available.  

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/18/20 6:52 a.m.

Assuming it is still the size of an old Accord and comes with the wrong kind of suspension.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/18/20 6:54 a.m.

Man, there is a lot of RS3 in the rear 3/4 view. But that's definitely not a bad thing. Also, good to hear that there will still be an Si and a Type R.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/18/20 6:59 a.m.
dxman92 said:

Won't happen, but yes it does.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
11/18/20 7:26 a.m.

It's a bit boring but I think it will age a lot more gracefully than the berkeleying ugly styling of the current generation.

So it's a thumbs-up from me.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/18/20 7:34 a.m.

I like this new one quite a bit!  The only exterior element that I am not crazy about is the visual "kick up" of the lower trim around the small window behind the rear doors.  Other than that, nicely done.  

But then again, I also like the latest current Civic sedan styling since they softened it up a bit, particularly in Si form.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
11/18/20 7:42 a.m.

I see the "throw a silly kink into the most rearward side glass to try and make something interesting out of nothing" trend has continued.  Also the gaping maw with black mesh instead of a normal bumper + strange overhang over grill & badge situation is still happening.  A five-door hatch wouldn't have been that much of a stretch, either, and made for a more usable car with potentially less rear overhang.  Civic keeps growing in dimensions.

Generally seems much nicer than the current car but still seems overstyled vs. Civics from the late-80's to 2000.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xOgoeS7I5Sdy5ESkllO1mUM2GwDKKJy7UvqJ38059yvqg09puaziyVLuZUtELgCq