1 ... 7 8 9
Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
12/2/16 1:48 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: On 11/18, I received an email from VW that said: The offer letter for your claim with reference number, [my number], for VIN [my VIN] is now available on the Online Claims Portal. Please click here to visit the Online Claims Portal and view and download your offer letter. Your offer letter will include instructions concerning what steps to take if you decide to accept the offer. Please note that you will be required to sign the document in the presence of a notary in order to accept the offer and move to the next step in obtaining your selected remedy.

I haven't gotten that email yet. I guess it is encouraging to see that some people are.

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
12/2/16 1:49 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: And the letter tells me that I am eligible to participate, and tells me the settlement amount. We're trying to decide what to do at this point. Initially, I was gung ho on selling the car back, but I've cooled on that prospect. Mainly because I can't decide what car out there I would replace it with.

Some of what I have read has made it sound like if you don't sell it back, you won't get the $5K till they do the modification. I don't think there will be a modification..

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
12/2/16 4:43 p.m.

I just finished processing the VW/Audi/Porsche vehicle list for my State today. We have roughly 2 million active vehicles on the road. Of those, roughly 9200 VW/Audi/Porsche vehicles were in the target year range (09-16). Of those we had roughly 2200 affected vehicles for the 2.0L and 3.0L diesel range. Only the 2.0Ls are covered in this settlement. With our allotment of roughly $11 million, we were projecting $5000 in punitive damages per vehicle. We hit that target. Using the EPA VIN checker, none of the 3.0L diesels are included in this settlement. However, if you use the manufacturer VIN checker, the 3.0L is also being recalled. Porsche has no affected diesels. What is strange is that VAG VIN checks say they have no solution for owners yet. So, if owners are getting compensatory offers, VAG hasn't mentioned it to EPA yet. As mentioned, the 3.0L diesels are not in the settlement, but VAG is proactively recalling them, so maybe they're trying to get ahead of that one.

Is VAG offering you owners $5000 to sign a release or are they offering to buy your car back and is your car worth more/less than that? If so, they would be looking at a payment of $10K per vehicle. I have also heard engine replacement as a buy back alternative. I'd assume that would be for newer cars worth more than $5K.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/2/16 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Devilsolsi:

In soviet Russia. VW modifies you.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/5/16 9:02 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: And the letter tells me that I am eligible to participate, and tells me the settlement amount. We're trying to decide what to do at this point. Initially, I was gung ho on selling the car back, but I've cooled on that prospect. Mainly because I can't decide what car out there I would replace it with.

My Dad is in the same boat. They have one of the affected cars, a wagon, but he really wants to keep it because there is nothing he sees as a good replacement.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
12/5/16 9:19 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
My Dad is in the same boat. They have one of the affected cars, a wagon, but he really wants to keep it because there is nothing he sees as a good replacement.

We were/are right there too, I was all for keeping ours until I got the estimate for buy-back. We will make money, not counting interest, fuel, and insurance, but we'll be getting about $1700 more than what we paid for the car. That changed our mind, and we will sell, but what the heck to we replace it with? There's nothing that's not a compromise in some way.

Our Sportwagen really needs a set of tires, but I can't justify buying VW a set of tires.

In the mean time we're acquiring another cheap car from a family member, and parking the Sportwagen while we await our turn.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/5/16 1:36 p.m.

I'm still waiting... had all my stuff into them on 10/25. Originally, the portal said 10 business days for an offer after delivery of all documents, but now it seems to be infinite. I'm at 20 business days tomorrow......

I've already decided on a replacement vehicle. I just need this pos gone.

Plus now I'm slightly over the estimated mileage and having to borrow vehicles to drive in the meantime....

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
12/5/16 2:43 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote:
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
We were/are right there too, I was all for keeping ours until I got the estimate for buy-back. We will make money, not counting interest, fuel, and insurance, but we'll be getting about $1700 more than what we paid for the car. That changed our mind, and we will sell, but what the heck to we replace it with? There's nothing that's not a compromise in some way. Our Sportwagen really needs a set of tires, but I can't justify buying VW a set of tires. In the mean time we're acquiring another cheap car from a family member, and parking the Sportwagen while we await our turn.

I ended up having to put tires on my car as well. I was really annoyed and thought about holding out, but decided not to. Glad I got them, as this is taking longer than I originally thought.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
12/5/16 2:50 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: I'm still waiting... had all my stuff into them on 10/25. Originally, the portal said 10 business days for an offer after delivery of all documents, but now it seems to be infinite. I'm at 20 business days tomorrow...... I've already decided on a replacement vehicle. I just need this pos gone. Plus now I'm slightly over the estimated mileage and having to borrow vehicles to drive in the meantime....

i'm in the same boat.

though not about the mileage... but in the "approved documents" phase but well over 20 days ago. Ugh.

Just tired of looking at it, and having it take up space, and paying insurance on it, once I made my mind up to ship it.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/16 6:41 a.m.

In reply to xflowgolf:

Ditto but bought my replacement already.I'm just waiting for my offer letter. I still have to find someone with stock wheels and tires who wants to upgrade. I have brand new tires with aftermarket wheels on it and don't want them going to VW.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/6/16 6:49 a.m.

My friend has a turn-over date for his car. A few days before Christmas.

PMRacing wrote: I still have to find someone with stock wheels and tires who wants to upgrade. I have brand new tires with aftermarket wheels on it and don't want them going to VW.

VWVortex is where you need to be.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
12/15/16 2:54 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: I'm still waiting... had all my stuff into them on 10/25. Originally, the portal said 10 business days for an offer after delivery of all documents, but now it seems to be infinite. I'm at 20 business days tomorrow......

FWIW I finally got my offer letter on my TDI a day or two ago. I signed it and notarized, and uploaded it today. We'll see how long it takes them to approve and then schedule.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/15/16 3:08 p.m.
Ian F wrote: My friend has a turn-over date for his car. A few days before Christmas.
PMRacing wrote: I still have to find someone with stock wheels and tires who wants to upgrade. I have brand new tires with aftermarket wheels on it and don't want them going to VW.
VWVortex is where you need to be.

Spare tires. Or junkyard.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
3/21/17 10:27 p.m.

Today was our day. Bittersweet, really going to miss that car. So long Sportwagen, thanks for all the smiles per gallon.

Test drove some stuff while at the dealer today, both VW & Mazda, have some thoughts and ideas to mull over, not sure if we really want a monthly payment again, or take the money and run.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/17 7:25 a.m.

Turned mine in last week. Also bittersweet. But turned it in at 170k miles with worn out tires and a coolant leak. Put 80k+ miles on it. Excluding maintenance, running costs, and taxes I paid about $300 for it for just under 3 yrs of use.

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ia7hpOrBLnzlPB5eelBkClDA0HMRVaFcNMnlnu0es8yScprq5hLo4RTs8NiMlICt