Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor, Grassroots Motorsports & Classic Motorsports
6/8/16 1:15 p.m.
feature_image

With a few rallycrosses (and a season championship) under our belt, it was finally time to throw some real suspension pieces under our Focus.

We had a few goals:
1. Don't break the bank.
2. Raise the car.
3. Handle better.
4. Increase strength.

All signs pointed to a set of coilovers, which we figured would hit every goal …

Read the rest of the story

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
6/10/16 11:40 a.m.

You seem to have a lot more negative camber on the back than on the front. Are you sure that's what you want?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/10/16 4:08 p.m.

In reply to jstein77:

Too much negative in the front negates the ability to turn in. I'm curious to see how they hold up, a nice monotube based coilover should do well.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
6/11/16 5:21 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to jstein77: Too much negative in the front negates the ability to turn in. I'm curious to see how they hold up, a nice monotube based coilover should do well.

That may be true on dirt (I've never found it so on pavement), but why would you need so much negative camber on the rear, non-driven wheels?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/11/16 5:46 p.m.

In reply to jstein77:

On the rear it helps with stability under braking

Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
8/10/16 11:12 a.m.

I am curious to see how the BC Racing stuff holds up. When their products comes up in other forums as a less spendy performance option the webopinion is "nope- you get what you pay for". If it can last a season doing rallycross duty under the Fiesta that would be a useful data point.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i38rrkF8Yusnp0VGWGnAbRbtcAuKc22hm9ZkeWiXaZV51EoHndHRleyvbYbWs4Am