CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/19/13 11:43 a.m.

While I love the factory Recaros in my R3, they have a known wear problem. I've already got a hole in the driver's side outer bolster at 40k miles. What would be the best way to go about repairing said hole? It is about 3/4" by 1/2". The leather just seems to have become brittle and flaked off so there is nothing to put back in place.

(Miata is not the answer in this case ...or duct tape)

Thanks!

EDIT: The car is parked for the winter now so taking the seat out and apart is an option.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
11/19/13 12:45 p.m.

Your local auto upholstery shop should be able to fix that for you. If you just bring them the cover, it should be reasonable in cost.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/19/13 12:50 p.m.

+1 for a good local auto upholstery shop. I'd also talk to them if they can add something to strengthen that area.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
11/19/13 12:54 p.m.

Ha - but be prepared to pay for good work. Shelby trim does that type of work, but holy moly do they charge.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/19/13 1:03 p.m.

Take cover off, rip seams of that piece, trace on new leather, cut out, sew back into other pieces, put cover back on.

unk577
unk577 Reader
11/19/13 1:11 p.m.

I'll take them off your hands since they are such poor quality, then you can replace them with something better.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rjfAl8RhHjPWBFkZepTaXj4eEbOR8lruZAOopwpmjuhB8RFOemweLtSzt1CpxGlI