1 2 3 ... 5
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/15/11 8:42 p.m.

should go nicely in the stable. light front hit, comes with boatload of parts, coming home in 2 weeks. should have lsx power within 3.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
2/15/11 8:45 p.m.

NOICE! My dad's favorite car. Badass inCARnate (ba-dum tish!).

paanta
paanta Reader
2/15/11 8:48 p.m.

so this is how jealousy feels.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/15/11 8:52 p.m.

I saw one of those pull a 10-sec quarter mile, then drive home. Completely stock appearing too. Awesome.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/15/11 8:57 p.m.
paanta wrote: so this is how jealousy feels.

believe me ive been feeling it since 94. this is one of my dream cars. this one is a 95.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/15/11 9:01 p.m.

I saw the title of this thread and was ready to come in here and start talking E36 M3.

I got nuthin'.

Nicely done.

patgizz wrote: coming home in 2 weeks. should have lsx power within 3.

Take an extra week and make sure it has a 6-speed

Duke
Duke SuperDork
2/15/11 9:14 p.m.

SCORE! And double bonus points for saving it from becoming a donk. If you put a 6-speed in it I think it would redeem 4 or 5 donks in the neighborhood from sheer excess badassness. Well done.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/15/11 9:16 p.m.

About time you got one of those...

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
2/15/11 9:17 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: I saw the title of this thread and was ready to come in here and start talking E36 M3. I got nuthin'. Nicely done.
patgizz wrote: coming home in 2 weeks. should have lsx power within 3.
Take an extra week and make sure it has a 6-speed

Same here. I was like "ya right"............and then "Oh, you are right". Pretty cool.

How's the interior?

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
2/15/11 9:17 p.m.

I've never been a fan of GM. And my mom always said if you can't say anything nice.............
But I've always wanted one of those cars.
Does it run and drive? If you don't mind my asking, how much?

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/15/11 9:48 p.m.

A buddy of mine has one in his basement. Bought it new. Has 13k on it, original tires. Still has the plastic cover on the carpet. He drives it once a month. He asked me to help him sell it online 5 years ago and I couldn't get his asking price of $12k. In a few more years, I'll probably lament not buying it myself.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
2/15/11 9:56 p.m.

Do like.

LS Power, Like more.

Manual transmission, Like even more.

As an aside, these things give the same image and are holding their value the same way those Impalas did/do.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/15/11 10:03 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Do like. LS Power, Like more. Manual transmission, Like even more. As an aside, these things give the same image and are holding their value the same way those Impalas did/do.

Too bad they're slower than a stock Impala SS.

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/15/11 11:29 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Nitroracer wrote: Do like. LS Power, Like more. Manual transmission, Like even more. As an aside, these things give the same image and are holding their value the same way those Impalas did/do.

I wonder if that new 5.0 will fit in there...

Conquest351
Conquest351 New Reader
2/16/11 6:55 a.m.
Rufledt wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
I wonder if that new 5.0 will fit in there...

Yes, yes it will. AND it's almost a full 200 lbs lighter than the 4.6 SOHC and 300 lighter than the DOHC.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
2/16/11 7:19 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Does it run and drive?

With THAT stance??

Pretty sure there is nothing under the hood but space for an LS1.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
2/16/11 8:09 a.m.

I, for one, saw the title, saw who was posting, and thought, "Oh...this is going to be good."

And, of course, I was not dissappointed.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/11 8:24 a.m.

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/16/11 9:19 a.m.
Tyler H wrote: A buddy of mine has one in his basement. Bought it new. Has 13k on it, original tires. Still has the plastic cover on the carpet. He drives it once a month. He asked me to help him sell it online 5 years ago and I couldn't get his asking price of $12k. In a few more years, I'll probably lament not buying it myself.
  1. Take stock Impala, install 28" wheels and 2' lift kit.
  2. Advertise in rap magazine for $30k
  3. Profit!
Klayfish
Klayfish Reader
2/16/11 9:31 a.m.
Tyler H wrote: A buddy of mine has one in his basement. Bought it new. Has 13k on it, original tires. Still has the plastic cover on the carpet. He drives it once a month. He asked me to help him sell it online 5 years ago and I couldn't get his asking price of $12k. In a few more years, I'll probably lament not buying it myself.

In his basement? Did he get it to fit down the basement steps, or just drive it through the Bilco doors?

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
2/16/11 11:41 a.m.

May I ask how much you paid?

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
2/16/11 11:46 a.m.

Love it. I drive LT1 Roadmasters so I don't have to pay the Impala tax.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
2/16/11 11:49 a.m.

It's on now isn't it

Will
Will HalfDork
2/16/11 6:05 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Yes, yes it will. AND it's almost a full 200 lbs lighter than the 4.6 SOHC and 300 lighter than the DOHC.

On what planet? Hot Rod claims the new 5.0 weighs 430 pounds. M&F lists the 4.6 DOHC at 425.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/16/11 6:11 p.m.

Very nice!! I regret getting rid of my 96 dark cherry every time I see one.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oTnih5ftGIP1lujm8FyyQllS5WjZuNGgOPujfDWelpNgZnILgUa6oAknjZebOLZr