1 2 3 4
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/26/13 8:12 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: If Honda is serious about a Twins fighter they will need to step up their game. Honda's engineering prowess is superb, they can do it if someone up near the top of the building decides they want to. It's probably gonna have to be something similar to Henry Ford turning Carroll Shelby loose after old man Ferrari dissed him. But 1000cc of turbo fury in a Kei car ain't gonna be the one to do it, the Keis are just too small for the average US consumer. It will need to be a scaled down version of the NSX with a ~2 liter powerplant, IMHO.
You are confusing two different cars. They discuss two cars in the linked article, and the Kei car is not the one touted as a twins fighter; it's not even clear it would be brought here.

Very possible I did misunderstand, the Twins fighter was mentioned in passing. My statement still stands: a Kei car over here ain't gonna get it done.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
10/26/13 10:18 p.m.

I like this but more interested in the twins fighter. Not that the Si isn't that already an ample twin fighter - but people (coughGRMstaffcough) hate the refreshed Si because the shift knob burns their hands, doesn't have a turbo, nor a 5th door (neither do the twins). I'll admit I hated the 2012 Si I had; but, the refresh is def better and very happy with it- so it will be very interested to see what Honda has in mind for that segment. If it's similar to the Si with RWD - I will put my thoughts about a new 2015+ Mustang or 2015+ WRX to rest.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jzn2Pti4XZWcyLLPDztT2HyuHP4VFhNusbwyMlojnw1hmb9h9BfR2WMWMSSQVM6b