1 2
mtn
mtn PowerDork
9/24/12 10:47 a.m.

They are an awesome utility vehicle. Perfect for dog owners.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
9/24/12 11:15 a.m.

My girlfriend has one. I've known her (and therefore the car) for almost 3 years now.

Plus:
Inside is huge (a friend tells me he put an old honda TRX 100 or 125 four wheeler in one and closed the tail gate and hatch...that's pretty amazing).
Easy to clean the interior.
Comfortable for long trips (I've personally driven it on 12+ hour drives on a handfull of occassions)
Does well in snow and such (she's from Steamboat...this car does not miss a beat there...I've driven it there in the winter).
It's been quite reliable, in my opinion.
Rear legroom rivals that of a stretch limo...the back seats are farther "back" than what's in most cars.

Downsides:
Fuel economy is not great (but hey...it's a utility vehicle).
I wouldn't want to pay for maintenance (not that it's bad...but it's a newer car and stuff is expensive...18" tires, etc, etc).
4 seatbelts...not 5 (sometimes you want to tote an extra kid along).
It has no real tow capacity, I think.

She uses it for daily driving. Has a small dog (so she doesn't need it for the dog...but she had a larger dong when she got it) and a horse. She hauls feed, we get lumber. She has a Thule roof rack so we can haul a couple bikes (or they can go in side if we don't have to haul the kids or such), a canoe, more lumber, etc, etc.

It's not fun to drive, but a fantastic appliance for her needs. (It helps that She doesn't require "fun to drive"). I don't mind driving it at all. It's great on long trips (except the fuel consumption) and not bad around town.

alex
alex UltraDork
9/24/12 11:15 a.m.

Also a boon to upright bass players. Seriously, the two bassists that have been in my band have had Elements.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
9/24/12 10:18 p.m.
but she had a larger dong when she got it

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
9/24/12 10:32 p.m.

Dang, Vigo beat me to it. HUH HUH, huh huh huh.

Drove one recently, it was an appliance, but that isn't a bad thing if you expect it. Also, I know someone that towed their Elise to the track with one, so it must have some towing capacity (though you don't need much for an Elise...)

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
9/24/12 10:42 p.m.
Vigo wrote:
but she had a larger dong when she got it

Huh huh. Huh huh. He said "dong." Huh Huh.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
9/25/12 11:43 a.m.

Damn...now that you've called me on it, I can't go back and fix it.

Oh well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyCzBJrIzlQ86Wx2EBZ6zyqbxpfW6RXzdY6I5qEYPpJ9PTuJ7RFZ9eRfPDirEPEB