1 2
ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/23/13 10:21 p.m.

Multiple keyword search? Like how you can normally search CL... Keyword1 | Keyword2 | Keyword(s) 3 etc.

mothra
mothra New Reader
9/23/13 11:19 p.m.

In reply to lnlds:

I also wanted this feature and it might come into a future version but as with mileage, it is really hard to find even 75% of the different ways people can write that. It can be easy for a person to 'parse' or understand what someone means but nearly impossible of a computer. If there is interest I can work on it though. Its has officially gone into the TODO (btw)

mothra
mothra New Reader
9/23/13 11:29 p.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

Ok that was a REALLY weird bug, but I think its fixed now it think, could you check it? Thank you for the awesome bugs!

mothra
mothra New Reader
9/23/13 11:32 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin:

Any search operator that works on CL will work in the 'model' field on HooptySearch. If one does not please tell me.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
9/24/13 6:52 a.m.

In reply to mothra:

Appears to be fixed now.

• Lee
fujioko
fujioko Reader
9/24/13 7:12 a.m.

Cool search tool!

I spent about an hour searching my area for genuine hooptys.

It seems the cheaper the car, the worse the spelling.

Very entertaining!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/24/13 8:04 a.m.
mothra wrote: In reply to ProDarwin: Any search operator that works on CL will work in the 'model' field on HooptySearch. If one does not please tell me.

I was using the "|" separator and results were only coming from the last term.

pbkelley
pbkelley New Reader
9/24/13 9:27 a.m.

Now if you can expand this to cover the parts section as well!

mothra
mothra New Reader
9/24/13 10:59 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin:

Really? What is the hooptysearch URL that is failing for you?

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
9/24/13 11:08 a.m.

Seems to be missing a number of results that I see using CL but not your tool.

Also, displaying the date the ad was posted would be nice

mothra
mothra New Reader
9/24/13 3:01 p.m.

In reply to fritzsch:

Could you give me a link to the HooptySearch and the CL search that you are seeing missing results on? It will help me find the posts that are not being found. I will add posted date display to the TODO list!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/24/13 3:52 p.m.

http://hooptysearch.com/?item_type=cartruck&model=Insight+|+Prius&city=MULTI%3ANorth+Carolina&listing=2&minprice=1500&maxprice=7000&submit=Submit+Query

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
9/25/13 12:26 a.m.

Hooptysearch seems to hate Volkswagen, everytime I search "Volkswagen" I get this:

Hooptysearch said: Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

If I search for VW, Jetta, Passat, Golf, Rabbit, I get search results, if I use Volkswagen though, I get that error. Weird!

I'm searching all of Arkansas, Dealers, $10000 as max, nothing in min.

Now if I use the same search perimeters, but search Owners instead of Dealers, I don't get the error. If I search Both, I get the same error.

• Lee
Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat Reader
1/14/14 10:37 a.m.

Paging mothra! It would appear that the recent CL overhaul has broken the display of prices on hooptysearch.com.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat Reader
1/14/14 10:40 a.m.

PM sent.

TAParker
TAParker Reader
1/14/14 11:00 a.m.

Hey, I like it.....nice work mothra...........

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat Reader
1/14/14 7:00 p.m.

Received a reply from mothra! He's going to fix it!

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat Reader
2/6/14 2:59 p.m.

It appears to be working correctly now.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady Reader
2/6/14 5:02 p.m.

Nice work. Would like it if the ad titles were displayed after searching. I only got year, mileage, and price.

Works wayyy faster than the site I currently use. Every site I've used in the past has been shutdown by craigslist, hope that doesn't happen to use. The site I currently use is veryyy slow, but is pretty old and doesn't seem to get enough traffic to be on CL's radar.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
2/11/14 6:50 p.m.
RoughandReady wrote: Nice work. Would like it if the ad titles were displayed after searching. I only got year, mileage, and price. Works wayyy faster than the site I currently use. Every site I've used in the past has been shutdown by craigslist, hope that doesn't happen to use. The site I currently use is veryyy slow, but is pretty old and doesn't seem to get enough traffic to be on CL's radar.

I'm not sure that Mothra hangs around here a lot, but he responded to a PM in a timely manor.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhR8F0G4SQKyU54VHI0hMzdgZqJWPxpaMYOUFokG9lpUuPi2ad7hHzK7PzkhX3sL