1 2
Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/22/12 7:05 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Is that 350HP-327 cam a stock or aftermarket part?

That was a factory cam. .447" lift/222 duration at .050". It's an old design, but still works fine on a smaller motor or with 1.6 rockers for .477" lift.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
1/22/12 7:39 p.m.
Zomby woof wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Is that 350HP-327 cam a stock or aftermarket part?
That was a factory cam. .447" lift/222 duration at .050". It's an old design, but still works fine on a smaller motor or with 1.6 rockers for .477" lift.

True. And great in the day. However, todays grinds are SOOOOOOO much better! The 268 became the go to cam when it came out. Had a few...never was impressed. They were the last small cams I bought. . Cam being purchased this week is .730" lift. How times have changed.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/22/12 8:00 p.m.

Is there a good website to see what all this means? I keep seeing number like 268 thrown out but I have no idea what this means...

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
1/22/12 8:20 p.m.

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=73&sb=2

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/22/12 8:21 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=73&sb=2

Ok so the 268 is referring to duration. I thought you were referring to a OEM grind.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
1/22/12 8:27 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
wheels777 wrote: http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=73&sb=2
Ok so the 268 is referring to duration. I thought you were referring to a OEM grind.

I was not a fan after using them. The .050 duration is short...but don't know your application needs. It is still 30 year old technology. I would check to see if you can find something more up to date.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
8UXgLQZbxSRUYqNbPWKcIxxlync7uh8ZWYhGp5VmyQ8bnkqTuDJhW9S2metzndZl