1 2
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/13/14 8:06 a.m.

I kept a couple hundred original Matchbox & Hotwheels in plastic drawer cases that were in fantastic shape from the early 70s after playing with them thru my whole childhood. I have a 320i and a 911 on my desk but the rest I bequeathed them to my sons.

Whereupon they were utterly destroyed. I look at the pile of chipped paint, missing hoods/doors, and bent axles stored in a 5g bucket that used to hold spackle with a bit of nostalgia ... I'd liked them to have exercised a bit more care like I did. But at least someone played with them or they would still be in the attic. I can't bring myself to throw them away but they are all just junk now.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
12/13/14 6:11 p.m.

I buy 3-4 everytime I go to the store...probably not the wisest course of action but they are alot of fun to look at on my wall.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
12/13/14 8:27 p.m.

I stopped pretending I was buying them for my kids a long time ago

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/13/14 9:45 p.m.

I will kindly remind everyone, as we are on page 2, we do have a pile of collectors over in the hot wheels thread. Most of us don't bite, and chandler knows everything. Other than that, carry on. I've been using every single Xmas trip this year as an excuse to check out hot wheels.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/14/14 1:10 a.m.

Me and a buddy make trips specifically for HotWheels.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/14 5:46 a.m.

I had a collection from my childhood in the 70s and 80s. Had saved them for my future kids. My sister dug them out of storage and threw them all away in a characteristic fit of passive aggressiveness. Still makes me sad :(

PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
12/14/14 6:27 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: Whenever I run to Target or Wally World I make my 12 year old daughter swing by the Hot Wheel and bicycle aisle to see what's new. I spent a lot of my earlier years swinging by the car models when I was dragged by the parents to the store. You should have seen hot excited I was to find the Datsun 510 wagon a month ago. My dad and I would stop at Woolworths and other stores the day after Christmas to look at what train stuff was on clearance. Must be in our blood.

That 510 is awesome, "the kids" love it. The 1g CRX I bought was just for me though. SWMBO can attest to the fact that I got WAY too excited when I saw it in the store.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
12/14/14 6:46 a.m.

That crx will be out the week after Christmas in black with red wheels. Looks great!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fbtzpx80Zlrs696NO59gRwaJIjZSRidFcaQO2B2FdVW04SlXKBmwSrHlyIot4i5j