1 2
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/8/09 8:39 p.m.

I think I fell in love.

tell me why I should and should not buy this car!

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
12/8/09 8:47 p.m.

Buy it, buy it now. I used to have one, I payed $500 and it ran for 6 years until the tranny went out. That was the only problem I ever had with it. I even auto-X with it. not very well but it was fun and if I could find another one around here I would love to have it.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/8/09 9:11 p.m.

do it

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
12/8/09 9:20 p.m.

You want this car badly. I want this car badly. Let me live vicariously through you and buy it!

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Reader
12/8/09 9:26 p.m.

Get him down to $1200, then you want it so bad you wet yourself.

Marty! The other white meat....
Marty! The other white meat.... Reader
12/8/09 9:27 p.m.

Why is there so many cool cars in ATL? I would move there if it wasn't for the cheese in here in WI.

A man should not have to decide between cheese and cars.....

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/8/09 9:36 p.m.

If I was ANY closer to the car, either financially, or geographically, I would try and convince you not to buy it, so I could have it myself. That being said, buy it so it has a good home until I can figure out how to own it.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/9/09 6:09 a.m.

IIRC, this guy is on Ratsun, and recently bought a very cool 521. He has one other JDM car as well...can't remember what it is though.

Snag it, find some JDM wheels and drive the hell out of it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
12/9/09 6:40 a.m.

for 1700 it should include the wheels with the polished lip. Other than that, if you can afford that car, there is no good reason here on gods green earth that you should not have already picked up the car and be checking this post on your cell phone on the way back home.

I dont want you to make another post until you own that vehicle, do you understand me? now go to your room..

wait, that last part is not right

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/9/09 6:41 a.m.
Marty! said: A man should not have to decide between cheese and cars.....

We have cheese here too...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
12/9/09 7:48 a.m.

wow, good find, cant believe i over looked that one!

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/9/09 8:00 a.m.

There is not a single good reason for you to not buy that car.

You know what must be done. Go forth and multiply the fleet.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/9/09 8:33 a.m.

If that was near me, i wouldn't have even made this thread. You would have seen an "OMFG GUYS LOOK WHAT I SCORED!!"

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
12/9/09 9:34 a.m.

The only thing I might say against that car is if it's the 3A-C or 4A-C, you're probably gonna want to swap something else in at some point. They're reliable and reasonably torquey but ulitmately gutless and unsatisfying motors (seems to be my experience with all carb'd Toyota SOHC engines).

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/9/09 10:20 a.m.

That looks like an excellent swap candidate for some high-output Japanese lovin'.

13B-RE, anyone? I've got one of those sitting in my garage that just may find its way into something completely off-the-wall like this someday.

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
12/9/09 11:38 a.m.

That's been on club4ag for a little bit. There are more pictues there if you want to see more. The interior looks a little rougher than I would want and I thought about offering up a trade but it's a little more of a project than I am interested in.

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
12/9/09 11:40 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: The only thing I might say against that car is if it's the 3A-C or 4A-C, you're probably gonna want to swap something else in at some point. They're reliable and reasonably torquey but ulitmately gutless and unsatisfying motors (seems to be my experience with all carb'd Toyota SOHC engines).

I don't think the A-series Toyota engines appeared in any Corollas until '83. I could be wrong, though.

Go buy that. Now.

sobe_death
sobe_death New Reader
12/9/09 11:42 a.m.

The car is in good shape, I've seen it driving around here before. I'm pretty sure he's dead set on the price.

There's another one down here too http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253403

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
12/9/09 5:39 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: I think I fell in love. tell me why I should and should not buy this car!

Its cool, buy it dude.

bluke1
bluke1 New Reader
12/9/09 7:50 p.m.

its been 24 hours since you posted this. how does it drive?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/9/09 8:42 p.m.

LOL, still searching for funds.

Unfortunately I don't need a new car until at least next July. I don't know if I know enough about them to make it a daily. It looks like it needs a few things.

bluke1
bluke1 New Reader
12/9/09 9:00 p.m.

and the first thing would be a driver (you) that wanted the car to be all it could be and an owner (you again) that has the ingenuity and resources (grm) to make it so. lift those couch cushions and pull some change out and buy the car already. that gives you 7 months to make it reliable, or fast.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/9/09 10:45 p.m.

thanks for all the kind words. I called the guy and set up a time to see it this weekend. If it is still there, it is meant to be.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/10/09 3:07 p.m.

Nice score but the easy engine swap has to be the 4AGE 20 valve or the supercharged MR2 version

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/10/09 3:25 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

An intake manifold mated with two side-drafts would punch my ticket any time!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6rsPAUIGxZUmeIBb1MsJUTWF7Nd4MccDDNp8fu1UaiIgVIaZSLZ2067pWuiAO7Ef