1 2 3
GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
8/5/21 8:41 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

In reply to Stampie :

C4's still seem like a great canvas to work from as well.  Same with 3rd gen f-body's.  They were weak from the factory but there's so much aftermarket stuff available and so much work has been done by others to be copied and learned from.  

There is a lot of aftermarket stuff but a lot of it doesn't really help. And that's where the copying and learning steps in. With the 3rd Gens a lot of times you want to to real hotrodding as in swapping between different 3rd and 4th Gen stock parts. Sure there's about 30 different subframe connectors available but there are two iterations that are best (and can be used together -- Alston+UMI). They turn people into hipsters since a lot of the best stuff is cheap from junkyards or from smaller batch brands. It's like you see somebody pull up and the car is all Edelbrock and Hotchkis you're like "OK, we can start with this and no the stuff isn't junk but a few things are going to have to change..."

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/21 8:44 p.m.

slowbird said:

Did someone say teal? laugh

(Or is it turquoise? Or aqua? Seafoam??? I always get them mixed up...)

yupididit said:

You people are gonna be the death of me, but I would die so happy in some metallic teal colored car!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
8/5/21 8:59 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

Oh, I think the smart move for handling would be to copy whatever they did with the ZR-1 and/or Grand Sports.  I was thinking aftermarket more for the driveline.  Ha, and a swap to real analog gauges.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/21 9:10 p.m.

TIL that I could have had a ZR1, and now I have all the sads.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/21 7:46 a.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:
Duke said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

The orange looks good but if I got one I'd get Rapid Blue

Abso-berking-lutely.

I like the blue but for some reason that color makes me thing Subaru, not Corvette.

There is one of these locally I see quite a bit and it is one of the few colors I can say looks better in pictures. In person it looses it's pop and has a much more pastel appearance. 

I completely agree re it being a color associated with Subaru. That was my first thought as well. Baby blue on that car really does not work for me.  My mom had a 79 Mercury wagon in the Ford version of that blue. Mom always called it "powder puff blue".  Definitely not my first choice for a C8. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/6/21 8:53 a.m.
gumby said:

You people are gonna be the death of me, but I would die so happy in some metallic teal colored car!

You have to make yourself happy with your car choices, no one else.  

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/6/21 8:54 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I'm really not getting the Subaru reference to this Corvette color.  I keep seeing it as a Ford Grabber Blue knockoff same as VWs new cornflower color.  

I really love this color too.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/21 8:57 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to dean1484 :

I'm really not getting the Subaru reference to this Corvette color.  I keep seeing it as a Ford Grabber Blue knockoff same as VWs new cornflower color. 

If anything, I'd associate it with Volvo, not Subaru.  Word Rally Blue is a totally different (not to mention metallic) color.

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev New Reader
8/6/21 12:52 p.m.

Orks will say the red ones are faster. enlightened

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/21 1:22 p.m.
Duke said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to dean1484 :

If anything, I'd associate it with Volvo, not Subaru.  Word Rally Blue is a totally different (not to mention metallic) color.

My admin drives one of these. 

2016 Subaru Crosstrek: Just Another Day At The Office - The Car Guide

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/6/21 1:54 p.m.

A thought.

I liked this teal color because ZR1s were in a lot of first generation PC racing games, and that color is one of the colors available in CGA, so it was always available or possibly the only color option.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
8/6/21 2:10 p.m.
BA5 said:

I picture a C4 ZR-1 as being white.

I like corvettes to be white.

I used to have a white C4... with a teal interior. Rather odd color choice, but it's nice to see an interior outside of today's pallette of black, tan, and gray.

But my favorite color for Corvettes is the blue used on Grand Sports. It's kind of the right amount of aggressive on a color - not too over the top, not too quiet as to blend in, and timeless instead of being a period piece color.

Corvette Grand Sport.

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/21 2:20 p.m.

I had a 94 that was red body, red roof panel, red carpet, red seats. It was really red and I liked that color combo a lot. The ZR1 in teal seems very appropriate though. My father has a C4 that is some kind of dark red like a burgundy. I don't see it very often and it looks cool because it isn't very common.

dkm455
dkm455 New Reader
8/6/21 7:42 p.m.

There's plenty of performance potential in the C4. I'm working one over currently - should be a hoot when it's done.

350z247
350z247 Reader
8/6/21 9:17 p.m.

In reply to dkm455 :

Doesn't look like much is left of the C4 ha

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
8/9/21 8:59 p.m.

bright yellow

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/9/21 9:32 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

If only those didn't have a red interior.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/9/21 9:51 p.m.

Did somebody mention Teal?

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/10/21 8:28 a.m.

From a car show last Sat in Chattanooga:

Amazing color and car!

This pic does not quite show how nice this light blue is. Mazda had a very similar blue for The Answer a few years ago. This car was stunning in person.

Besides being a C8, you'd have to give me a white car.

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/10/21 11:18 a.m.
350z247 said:

In reply to dkm455 :

Doesn't look like much is left of the C4 ha

Or the DOHC engine wink

Supposedly, the LS1 happened when Chevy engineers were grumbling that they could make LT5 power levels, cheaper and smaller, with a good pushrod engine, and they were actually allowed to do this.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w2QmjJBFSiPX8GTTGqD3azWaDFHsKtQjiu0sPrF3aobjAOkm7f2TcWZTMWVPssAb