1 2
Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/5/20 5:38 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I swear I've described them twice already :)

It's a cover that's shaped like a hardtop. For aero on a track-only car, that's what they're for.

That might be what I'm looking for, if I can get the back window. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/5/20 5:40 p.m.
Snowdoggie said:
mr2s2000elise said:

NA and NB hardtop are interchangeable. There were lots of discussions and people told them they won't fit in the early 2000s 

Here is my 1991 OEM Hardtop that I took from my NA and it fit perfectly on my NB MSM. 

I have 3 hardtops, and have paid $300-$800 for them. Locally $1,100 these days seem to be the going rate. Unless you run into a "I know what I got" type of person. 

I live in Dallas. Everybody here seems to be an "I know what I got" person. We even have what we call the "North Dallas Price" here, which is 30% more that it is worth in Fort Worth plus whatever else you can get. 

Tops go for all the money here. There's a huge market for Miata parts and people see them go for good money all the time. 

you joke, but people do legitimately know what they have and the market here supports it because we have enough stupid hot months that the hardtops are worth it. 

I live in Plano. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/5/20 5:49 p.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:
Snowdoggie said:
mr2s2000elise said:

NA and NB hardtop are interchangeable. There were lots of discussions and people told them they won't fit in the early 2000s 

Here is my 1991 OEM Hardtop that I took from my NA and it fit perfectly on my NB MSM. 

I have 3 hardtops, and have paid $300-$800 for them. Locally $1,100 these days seem to be the going rate. Unless you run into a "I know what I got" type of person. 

I live in Dallas. Everybody here seems to be an "I know what I got" person. We even have what we call the "North Dallas Price" here, which is 30% more that it is worth in Fort Worth plus whatever else you can get. 

Tops go for all the money here. There's a huge market for Miata parts and people see them go for good money all the time. 

you joke, but people do legitimately know what they have and the market here supports it because we have enough stupid hot months that the hardtops are worth it. 

I live in Plano. 

That still doesn't explain why I am seeing so many NAs selling for under $1,000 here all of a sudden. Are these guys all losing their jobs and have to pay rent? 

In reply to Snowdoggie :

Check that link I posted earlier. It goes the page with the top, window, etc.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/5/20 8:42 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie :

they're probably basket case 1.6 NA's.... and yes.. a lot of people are trying to liqudate stuff for extra cash.. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/5/20 9:34 p.m.

What about Smoothline tops?

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/15/20 4:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I swear I've described them twice already :)

It's a cover that's shaped like a hardtop. For aero on a track-only car, that's what they're for.

I just ordered the top from Treasure Coast. About $1,200 and change. Since this will be my track car it is exactly what I am looking for. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/20 4:29 p.m.

Just in case you missed it: They can ship two for the same price as one, so if you're looking at this option see if you can find a friend who wants one as well.

DIY Lexan rear windows are easy to do if you don't mind rivets and don't overcomplicate things. Make a template out of paper or cardboard. Lay over locally source plastic. Cut, drill, rivet. Done.

In reply to Snowdoggie :

they're probably basket case 1.6 NA's.... and yes.. a lot of people are trying to liqudate stuff for extra cash.. 

Man we are super close.  I am in far North Dallas.  We probably shop at the same Central Market.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/15/20 5:29 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Snowdoggie :

Man we are super close.  I am in far North Dallas.  We probably shop at the same Central Market.

So do you want to order a top? I'm out in Rockwall County. Not far North Dallas, but close enough. 

Snowdoggie said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Snowdoggie :

So do you want to order a top? I'm out in Rockwall County. Not far North Dallas, but close enough. 

I'm holding out for an OEM top...  one day.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
5/15/20 6:10 p.m.

Anybody else in the Dallas/Fort Worth area want to order a top? Speak now and get free shipping. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HDUAkW2Wgpklk21URFpXojZNzp0kWT6KsUlgcKlVkSUyvLiQYBvnZt408MhpWtxQ