JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/19/22 8:42 a.m.

It’s no secret that track time is more accessible and even more affordable than ever. But time spent on track isn’t always time spent improving–and if improvement is your goal, then structured training should be part of your plan.

Behind nearly every great athlete is a great coach–or even several great coaches. And while elite athletes are typically gifted with …

Read the rest of the story

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/22 10:22 a.m.

It's an old saw, but tightening up the nut behind the wheel is probably the cheapest and fastest way to get faster. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/19/22 10:53 a.m.

I had the recent pleasure of having one on one instruction with data to help sort the car and driver recently. It was amazing. I shaved over a second off my personal best at Gingerman with technique and another second the following day with car setup changes done the night before. So yeah.... getting that personal one on one is definitely worth the money if you want to better yourself!

Robertson Racing, basically Scott Robertson of GLTC and One Lap "fame" knows his E36 M3.

bumpsteer
bumpsteer Reader
4/29/23 9:14 p.m.

I thought the caption on the lead image was a Subaru joke at first.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
4/30/23 7:19 a.m.

When I was racing, I bought a day with the champion of my spec class. It wasn't cheap, but it definitely shaved time off my laps. 

Also, if you race or drive at VIR and want to get faster, Google "Peter Krause". 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wh4S9XG3aJM66o7oTG1bhCeDu8Jjdrr9jZAdWiRfFbV0GbgqGMGQqGWKOzvVn9SV