1 2 3 4
docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/7/23 1:34 p.m.

3.  My daily, wife's daily, my fun car.  Also have my KTM, plus my sons 50cc moto, his electric moto, electric scooter and two mtb bikes.  Daughters car sits out front of the house.  During the summer the fun car is down on the garage deck and my ktm has to live in the backyard shed, which is less than optimal but it won't fit in the garage with the fun car down on the garage floor.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
2/7/23 3:41 p.m.
docwyte said:

3.  My daily, wife's daily, my fun car.  Also have my KTM, plus my sons 50cc moto, his electric moto, electric scooter and two mtb bikes.  Daughters car sits out front of the house.  During the summer the fun car is down on the garage deck and my ktm has to live in the backyard shed, which is less than optimal but it won't fit in the garage with the fun car down on the garage floor.

sounds like you have a 4 post lift.  I would love to have the ceiling height to store a lift in my garage.  8' ceiling in my garage dictates that the best I can do is a quickjack.  

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/7/23 10:37 p.m.

I'm comforted to know that so many of you have hoarding problems, err, projects full of potential..

6 currently, 4 run.  Better ratio than I've had most of the time, honestly.  In college long ago I had 11 and 1 ran.  Hey, that's when I started learning how to work on my junk.

2014 Tesla Model S P85D: runs, drives, by far the nicest car I've ever owned.  So that means I'm thinking about selling it, of course. 

2008 Freeus (free Prius): runs, drives, turned over 303k today.

2006 Corvette Z06: DIY ZR1 thread on here.  It runs but is not yet driveable.  

2004 (?) Lexus IS300 with turbo 5.3 LS swap and T56: does this sound like a reliable combination that I drive daily?  No?  You'd be correct.  Trans is out currently, needs...a bunch of stuff.

1989 Nissan Pao: This is actually my wife's car but it's super nice, low mileage, gets tons of attention every time it goes out, and makes my fleet of derelicts look better.

1980 Chevy C10: runs, drives, super reliable, only reason it's not my go-to daily is the abysmal 10 mpg.  Maybe when I get time to LS swap it..

I've got two cars, my FR-S and my Cappuccino and both run quite well. I'd love to add a Jag F Type manual coupe so I can complete the S, M, L RWD coupe collection, but space and money are both obstacles. laugh

Then there's the motorcycles. I'll admit I've got a bit of a problem on the two-wheeled front, but I've been making good strides forward with only a little backsliding...so the current count is six. Five of the six bikes run!

Everyone on here is welcome to share with my family how restrained and responsible I've been! Somehow they seem to doubt me. laugh

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
2/8/23 3:47 a.m.

Currently 4, 3 of them RHD, all of them stick and AWD

R32 Skyline GT-R

Suzuki Alto Works RS/Z

Legnum VR-4

And the free GRM Audi A4 I'm still running as a winter beater

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/8/23 6:19 a.m.

6.  5 of them run but 4 of them are safely drivable.  2 of those actually get the coveted garage parking spots but hoping to building an additional 3 car garage in the future.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/8/23 9:20 a.m.

In reply to ClearWaterMS :

Yes, I've got a Bendpak 4 post lift in my center bay.  Garage ceiling there is 13.5 feet high.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
2/8/23 9:42 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I don't want to be the person who's "gonna fix it up someday" while storing it in a way that'll make it deteriorate into scrap metal.

Well this attitude is biting me a bit.  I ran out this morning, and got back home and noticed there was condensation inside the rear window of the Mercedes.  Fired it up and ran max defrost while toweling off the window, but I think that's a sign I need to drive it more.  The Miata constantly has these issues, but I was not expecting it from a tin top car.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/23 9:48 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Maybe try a damprid bucket in the interior to keep the moisture down? I've never tried it but I would think anything would help. 

I have 7 cars here, all outside the garage. Low for me but should be even lower. Four run and drive, one is currently not starting and haven't figured out why. 

Then 3 motorcycles and 2 scooters stashed in various covered storage locations. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/8/23 9:52 a.m.

3 cars, 1 truck, 1 motorcycle, 1 motorcycle engine - - all running.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
2/8/23 10:31 a.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

Maybe try a damprid bucket in the interior to keep the moisture down? I've never tried it but I would think anything would help.

The Miata has one, and that helped last year, but not as much this year.  I think it must be a combo of even more precipitation than in the past, and I am assuming a seal somewhere is deteriorating.  I may add a damprid bucket to the Mercedes, but what I really need to do is get it more in the driving rotation.  I've been trying to save it for when there isn't as much salt on the road, but that hasn't happened lately.

For the Miata, I am wondering if one of those solar powered fans that are mounted on the top of the window might do the trick, just to keep air circulating.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/8/23 12:03 p.m.

I can't count, so I mapped them.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
2/8/23 4:04 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Just to save you the trouble, that's an impressive 19 + 5 bikes. But this wins...

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
2/8/23 4:09 p.m.

I'm at 10, not counting the boat. Seven run and drive, or would with a battery swap. Again not counting the boat. It would run, but not move.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/8/23 4:12 p.m.
llysgennad said:

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Just to save you the trouble, that's an impressive 19 + 5 bikes. But this wins...

I thought everyone did that? For the days  it's too cold to hang out in the garage.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
2/8/23 4:17 p.m.

Uhmm, maybe? If I tried that, the garage would become my permanent home, so in a roundabout way, sure.

toconn
toconn New Reader
2/8/23 10:14 p.m.

3 cars, all running. I cut down from 5 but I think I went too far... 4 feels like the right number. The question becomes which two to squeeze into the 2-space garage... especially when there's a motorcycle, a dirtbike, and an atv shoehorned in there too.

Cars only: 16 spark plugs, 9.0 liters, 18 forward gears, 2 turbochargers, 12 tires

Road-legal registered vehicles only: 19 spark plugs, 9.7 liters, 24 forward gears, 2 turbochargers, 14 tires

All vehicles: 21 spark plugs, 10.2 liters, 34 forward gears, 2 turbochargers, 20 tires

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/8/23 10:52 p.m.

Let's see. 12 motorized vehicles. 6 runners. 2 superchargers, 5 manuals (one is a motorcycle so maybe don't count that one), 66 spark plugs, no turbos on vehicles at the moment but 2 on the shelf. I would need a calculator for the displacement. 2 under roof in a normal 2 car garage and 2 in the shop. Funny thing is that 2 of the ones inside are the cheapest/crappiest. 

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru Reader
2/9/23 7:42 a.m.

Literally in the garage, 3:

1991 Miata: supercharged, waiting for the cold and salt to go away

2008 Element: girlfriend's spring/summer/fall daily

1964 Galaxie: ran when parked Nov 2021, doesn't have a battery anymore, was supposed to get worked on in 2022 and then other stuff happened

In the driveway, another 4:

2004 Silverado: rear window just fell out of it yesterday, needs master cylinder/brake booster replaced, but is still functional

2007 Prius: my spring/summer/fall daily and long trip car, for the MPGs

2005 Saab 9-2x: former winter beater, now TSD rally car and girlfriend's winter car

2014 Fiesta: new winter beater, needed the MPGs since I'm working offsite, 150 mile commute every day

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/9/23 8:54 a.m.

Everything I have runs and works as it should.  I don't have the band width to deal with a bunch of non running "projects" just hanging around.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
2/9/23 6:36 p.m.

2 in the garage. 1 more outside plus my daughter’s car, my work ride and a boat.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A6Pbnn0O57khRQR1Ak1ziCkhQvJhLqmNSsT3ZbQPNHzgqEJ6M8j3Zun1gVlaFGnd