1 ... 5 6 7
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
5/28/13 7:24 p.m.

53 in August. Won my first club overall solo championship in 1984 or 5, won the western Canadian regional road race overall championship in 2009.

Didn't turn a wheel in anger through the 90's, what with building a small business and having a couple of daughters. I still own the car I won the solo championship in, but its sitting in a storage container waiting for...something, I guess.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
5/28/13 7:39 p.m.

53 and my birthday coincides with when the US dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. Or the day Jerry Garcia died.

I won my last 5 races, and life is great, but I'll offer to those younger than me - take it easy on the body.

stroker
stroker Dork
5/28/13 8:01 p.m.

54 and feel like 75 sometimes....

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/28/13 9:05 p.m.

I'm probably one of the youngins on this board at 19, but I look and act (hopefully) older than that! I only have one year on my Miata though...

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
5/28/13 9:26 p.m.

31 here

BlindPirate
BlindPirate New Reader
5/28/13 9:40 p.m.

51.Starting to look like what I remember my grandfather look liked.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
5/28/13 9:49 p.m.
BlindPirate wrote: 51.Starting to look like what I remember my grandfather look liked.

Like a handsome badass? That's what I think of my grandfathers looking like.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
5/28/13 10:16 p.m.

Plenty old.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/29/13 7:30 a.m.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
5/29/13 7:44 a.m.
motomoron wrote: I'll offer to those younger than me - take it easy on the body.

Troof.

I was always one of the youngest in the shops I worked in, even into my 40s. The older guys would always say: Wait till you hit 50. Pffft, I thought. Yup, they were right.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/13 7:49 a.m.
fasted58 wrote:
motomoron wrote: I'll offer to those younger than me - take it easy on the body.
Troof. I was always one of the youngest in the shops I worked in, even into my 40s. The older guys would always say: Wait till you hit 50. Pffft, I thought. Yup, they were right.

I have been pretty easy on mine.. but I still have a touchy shoulder and arthritus or something is creeping into my right foot. It just gets really stiff easily if I kneel for any length of time with the foot extended. Otherwise, I am good to go for another 42 years

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
5/29/13 2:30 p.m.

This picture pretty much covers it from start to present.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 New Reader
5/29/13 5:29 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: This picture pretty much covers it from start to present.

Oh, the bugeye! I've wanted one of those since I was a teenager! Had to settle on a late model Midget...

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
5/29/13 6:37 p.m.

Just "celebrated" the 5th anniversary of my 21st beerthday.

Old enough to know that sleeping on a mates floor for 3 nights isn't a good idea, but young enough to do it anyways.

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
5/29/13 6:53 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: You know you are old when people start talking about the good old days of racing and you realize that you were a participant in said "good old days"

Even worse...when one of the "old timers" asks you about something that happened back in the day...and it involves a Volvo 544!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
5/29/13 8:05 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: This picture pretty much covers it from start to present.

I don't know where you live, but I sure know an Ontario subdivision when I see one. Oakville? Mississauga? Burlington?

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
5/29/13 8:58 p.m.

43, but got called a 20-something yesterday. i guess it could be worse. im older than all of my cars right now.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/29/13 10:27 p.m.

1 year younger than my Elky.

Young enough to still drink some of you under the table, old enough to have absolutely no interest in proving it.

Old enough to remember Neil Armstrong's first step on the moon, Richard Petty before he wore a hat (and his 1st Daytona win), and have seen all 47 Superbowls.

I've got kids older than a lot of you. I've also got kids younger than a lot of your kids!

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
5/29/13 10:35 p.m.

48 years shy of 100.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1t3f7uUvsvyb1SHEplroksqKQS5Ksid8wXAWbOxluYbwZlkjhvOkR2FUyD6WhdyE