TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
1/9/21 9:41 p.m.

I have had good results with isopropyl alcohol, just sloshing it around and pouring it out. I had some that hazed the lenses from I don't know what, the bulbs were still in. Also used some cotton wadding on a bent plastic stick for a real dirty spot on the reflector of a Cibie  H4., again with isopropyl.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 9:51 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I've also used isopropyl alcohol to remove the fog from the inside of Porsche headlights. Try to find the 90% rather than the 70%. It seems to do a better job. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/9/21 9:55 p.m.

If they're glass, you can probably pop them in a warm oven, around 140 degrees to soften the glue and pop the lens off of the reflector, then glue it back together when you're done.

That's how the Ducatisti repair the JOD Duplo headlamps.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
1/10/21 12:29 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I have had good results with isopropyl alcohol, just sloshing it around and pouring it out. I had some that hazed the lenses from I don't know what, the bulbs were still in. Also used some cotton wadding on a bent plastic stick for a real dirty spot on the reflector of a Cibie  H4., again with isopropyl.

same here,, ... it works great here in.........kalifonia.....

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/10/21 6:55 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

This is how I cleaned the Cibies I have on my Oldsmobile after it sat for a few years.  Cleaned them right up like new.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a7dou5YfnU2bCGnedcfD8w6IPyzGLzLf06yhyu8TPmwA9htsHsbB6qcj59fseNvz