Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
3/14/17 11:53 a.m.
feature_image

Our project Mustang GT got some functioning hood vents thanks to Trackspec Motorsports. Follow along as we show you how to do a DIY hood vent installation.

Watch the pages of Grassroots Motorsports for the full project car series. Subscriptions start at just $10.

Read the rest of the story

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/17 12:45 p.m.

@18:20 See what I've been saying about Sharpies to fix black trim? It works.

@26:50/30:19 Alternative: Replace the stupid clamp thing with a string or small chain. Can't keep you from clamping down, and still lets you hold the rivet tool closed for storage.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/17 1:56 p.m.

Shouldn't you lift the hood up a bit while drilling? I know that with my luck I would hit a fuel line or damage a sensor or somthing.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/17 6:06 p.m.

I need to add some to my Disco.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/15/17 9:56 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Shouldn't you lift the hood up a bit while drilling? I know that with my luck I would hit a fuel line or damage a sensor or somthing.

We did, Dean. There were a couple chunks of 2 x 4 holding it up a few inches (high than our drill bit was long, anyway), and specially constructed towels keeping dust off of the engine.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/18/17 9:53 a.m.

Never put your hand behind what you're drilling.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/17 8:12 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Never put your hand behind what you're drilling.

or your hootis, as a co-worker who was drilling some wood on his lap found out the hard way when it broke through. Later he drilled his knee doing something similar further away from his crotch. It's a good thing he usually drives a desk

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hOGahTTy8ksP5sxpzzgyzelfUnVaYZthRN8naVrDejogm6DTTyy1rFZ83yFrc9pJ